If you own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, we have some excellent news for you, so sit back and keep reading. After months of waiting, in which Google eventually launched a completely new operating system, the Chinese manufacturer finally started rolling out the Marshmallow update for the Snapdragon-powered variant of the handset.
Going by the name of MIUI 8 6.9.9 Global Beta ROM, the update for the Redmi Note 3 is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and, despite not being a stable variant, it’s usable as a daily driver. Also, we should mention that soon enough, the final Redmi Note 3 Marshmallow update will be available.
Back to the new update, it brings several new features, which will definitely improve your experience with the Redmi Note 3. You can find a complete list with all the features introduced below…
Redmi Note 3 Marshmallow 6.0 Update Features
- Ability to swipe to the edge of the screen to hide Quick ball
- Optimization for recording music in stereo quality
- New – Added search in the Forum
- Optimization – Redesigned interface for replies on the Forum
Lock screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- The calendar can be opened by tapping the date in the Status Bar
- The issues with volume level notification in Second space when using earphones is now fixed
- Optimization – Hold the empty spot on the Home screen to enter the editing mode
- Fix issue – Device didn’t respond after updating and rebooting
- Fix issue – FC issues when switching between themes
- You can now record music in stereo quality
Download & Install Redmi Note 3 Marshmallow 6.0 Update
Ok, so now you know what to expect from the update, but there’s one question left: How do I get it? Well, that’s very easy, actually.
Here you can find the links to download Redmi Note 3 Marshmallow 6.0 update:
There are two methods of installing the update on your phone: flashing it via recovery or using the Mi Flash tool. You can find detailed instructions on how to do both them by consulting our How To Install MIUI 8 Global ROM On Xiaomi Smartphones guide.
If you’re facing any issues during the installation process or have any questions about the update itself, feel free to contact us, by dropping us a few lines in the comments section below.