Chinese manufacturer ZTE just started rolling out the latest B15 Nougat update for Axon 7, based on the MiFavor UI 4.0 OS, after previously announcing the beta version of the device. Currently, the updating is rolling out over the air for the A2017U variant of the phone, in a phase-wise manner, so most users will receive the update notification pretty soon.
On the other side, you can also install official Android 7.0 Nougat on ZTE Axon 7 manually, as the official firmware is available for download. In order to do this, everything you need to do is follow the instructions below!
The Nougat update for ZTE Axon 7 brings several new features, including Google Daydream support and the latest security patch, from December. It has a total size of 1.8 GB and you should backup all your data before starting, so you can avoid losing important stuff.
Please consider the following aspects before proceeding with installation:
- This update is just for the ZTE Axon 7, Also your phone must be running on A2017UB29. So don’t try installing it on another device. It won’t work at all and you risk damaging your phone!
- In order to be able to install the update, your phone needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The update may erase your data, so, as mentioned above, our recommendation is to perform a full backup, for the safer side.
- Check your battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown, in-between the process.
- The steps below aren’t tested, so follow the guide at your own risk. Also, make sure you don’t skip any of them.
Download ZTE Axon 7 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
Download ZTE Axon 7 (A2017U) B15 Nougat OTA – Download
Update ZTE Axon 7 To Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
Step 1: Download the ZTE Axon 7 B15 Nougat OTA .zip file, and rename it to update.zip.
Step 2: Copy the update.zip file on your phone’s microSD card.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Updates and you will see the file there.
Step 4: Tap on the file in order to automatically begin the installation process. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 1: Download the ZTE Axon 7 B15 Nougat OTA .zip file and rename it to update.zip.
Step 2: Go to Settings > About phone and look for the Build Number. Tap on it 7 times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 3: From the Developer Options menu, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Step 4: Boot your device into Recovery mode, by turning it off and then pressing and holding Volume UP and Power Down.
Step 5: In Recovery Mode, select the “Apply Update via SDcard” option.
Step 6: Select the .zip file and wait for about 10 minutes, until the installation process is completed.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to update ZTE Axon 7 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Even though the process is relatively simple, please feel free to contact us, using the comments section below, if you encounter any issues or have any questions related to the installation process.