Even though it’s the manufacturer’s current flagship, the Xiaomi Mi 5 just started receiving the Nougat update, in China. It’s rolling out over-the-air, in China, but if you can’t wait until you will receive the official update notification, you can also update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
You can flash it on your phone via Recovery or using the Mi Flash Too, following the instructions below!
Before installing the update, here are all the new features you can enjoy after doing it:
- New colours for doodles – black and white
- You can now limit the number of devices able to connect to your hotspot
- Fix for the landscape mode issues occurring when you’re using third party themes
- Optimization for home page animation adjustments in the Weather app
- UI improvements for selecting cities in the Weather app
- Fix for the situation when the automatic updates are interrupted
- Fix for the situation when the power saving features kept working after quitting Game speed boost
Warnings & Requirements
- It’s highly advisable to perform a full backup of your phone before starting, in order to avoid losing all your data.
- Make sure that the battery level is around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown during the updating process.
- Please follow all the instructions below correctly and don’t skip any steps!
Download MIUI 8 v6.12.8 For Xiaomi Mi 5 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
Download Android 7.0 Nougat OTA Zip For Mi5 – Download
Full Android 7.0 Nougat Fastboot File For Mi 5 – Download
Update Xiaomi Mi 5 To Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
Method 1 – Recovery ROM
Step 1: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Recovery ROM for Mi 5, and save it on your device.
Step 2: Launch the Updater app from your phone.
Step 3: Click on the three-dot menu, in the top-right corner, and select the ‘Choose update package’ option.
Step 4: After the process is completed, your phone will reboot and you will enjoy the latest Android version.
Method 2 – Fastboot ROM
Step 1: Download the Mi Flash Tool –Download, and, after extracting it, install it on your PC.
Step 2: Download the MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM from above.
Step 3: By pressing Volume Down + Power, boot the phone into Fastboot mode.
Step 4: Connect your device to a PC, using a micrUSB cable.
Step 5: Extract the Fastboot ROM and copy the path on your PC.
Step 6: Open the Mi Flash Tool and past the path in the address bar.
Step 7: Click on the Refresh button, then on the Flash button, so you can begin the updating process, which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes. After it’s done with this, you’re all good to go.
And this is pretty much it. You’ve successfully managed to update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually. Like always, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below, if you have any questions about the process!