Right now, Motorola is rolling out the official Android 7.0 Nougat update for its Moto Z and Moto Z Force models, over the air, after a few of its smartphones, like the Moto G4 Play, already received it. Of course, we know you can’t wait until you will receive the official notification to download it, so we have a short guide for you, on how to update Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force to Android 7.0 Nougat. Everything you need to do is follow the instructions below!
After installing the update, you will be able to enjoy new features, like Doze, great for saving battery, improved notifications, multi-window, a new messaging app, Seamless update, as well as the Vulkan API and many other new features!
Warnings & Requirements
Before starting the update, here are a few aspects you should really consider:
- Make sure you select the correct firmware variant for your phone, from the links below.
- The update may erase all the data on your phone, so it’s recommended to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Check your phone’s battery! It needs to be around 50-60%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below carefully!
Download Android 7.0 Nougat For Moto Z and Moto Z Force OTA Files
- Download Moto Z OTA Firmware for International version – Download
- Download Moto Z Droid OTA File for EU version – Download
- Download Moto Z Force OTA File – Will be added soon
Update Moto Z and Moto Z Force To Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 1: Go go Settings > About phone and tap Build Number seven times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: Go to the Developer Options menu and enable USB debugging.
Step 3: Using the links provided above, download the Android 7.0 Nougat .zip file suitable for your phone and save it on the internal memory.
Step 4: Reboot your Moto Z or Moto Z Force into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: While in Recovery Mode, select the Apply update from SD card option and select the .zip file you downloaded earlier. Wait for about 10 minutes for the installation to complete.
Step 6: Reboot your phone.
And this is it, you have successfully managed to update Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you experience any issues during this process or have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.