Xiaomi also thought about Mi 4c users and released the latest beta Nougat update, based on MIUI 8 7.1.20, which is currently rolling out over the air. Of course, we all know that we’re dealing with a phase wise distribution, so it will take a while until everybody will receive it.
However, if you don’t want to wait, you can also update Mi 4c to Android 7.0 Nougat manually, by flashing the ROM, using Recovery or Fastboot, following the instructions in the guide below.
The latest Android 7.0 Nougat update for Mi 4c brings a couple of new features, including Multi-window, Doze (great for saving battery life), improved notifications, new messaging apps, the Vulkan API, seamless update, as well as many more system changes and improvements.
Before starting the installation, please consider the following aspects:
- This update is just for the Mi 4c. Don’t try installing it on another device, as it won’t work.
- The update may not include the Play Store, so it might be necessary to install it manually.
- The process will completely erase the data on your phone, so it’s recommended to perform a full backup before starting, for the safe side.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery before starting, in order to prevent an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the instructions below carefully and make sure you don’t skip any steps.
Download Nougat MIUI 8 7.1.20 For Mi 4C
Download Nougat OTA For Mi 4C MIUI 8 7.1.20 – Official Download
Full Nougat Fastboot File For Mi 4C 7.1.14 – Download
Update Xiaomi Mi 4c To Android 7.0 Nougat Manually (MIUI 8 7.1.20)
And this is it! You have successfully managed to update Xiaomi Mi 4c to Android 7.0 Nougat manually! As you can see, the process is relatively simple. However, if you’re facing any issues or have questions related to it, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!