If you own a Huawei P9 Lite, you should expect to receive the notification to update to Android 7.0 Nougat in the near future. However, if you can’t wait until this happens, we have some good news for you: the update files for the VNS-L31 variant of the handset were leaked online and you can easily update Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31) to Android 7.0 Nougat manually, just by following the instructions below.
Of course, we’re talking about a beta version of the update, so you might experience some bugs. However, here are some of the new features you can enjoy:
- Improved Notifications
- Seamless Update
- Vulkan API
- New Messaging Apps
As mentioned above, you will most likely deal with bugs. Here’s what to expect:
- After locking the screen, the mobile data won’t work, forcing you to reboot the phone to re-enable it.
- The Private Space doesn’t work.
Warnings & Requirements
Please consider the following aspects before starting:
- The firmware works just for the Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31). Don’t try installing it on another device, as it won’t work.
- You can install it just on device with an installed TWRP custom recovery.
- The update may erase your data, so we recommend backing up everything before starting, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure the battery level is at least 50%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below precisely and make sure you don’t skip any steps!
Download Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31) Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
Android 7.0 Nougat update.zip file – Download
Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware File 2 – Download
Update Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31) to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
Step 1: You need to unlock your phone’s boot loader, and, like mentioned earlier, have a custom recovery installed. If you already have these, please proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Huawei P9 Lite, and save it on your phone.
Step 3: Using the SuperSu settings menu, un-root your device.
Step 4: Boot the P9 Lite into TWRP Recovery mode.
Step 5: While in TWRP, flash the update.zip file. Don’t worry if you get an error, just ignore it and proceed to the next step, without rebooting.
Step 6: Download the second firmware file, available here, and flash it. Wait for about 10 minutes, until it’s done.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.
And yes, you’re done! You’ve successfully managed to update Huawei P9 Lite to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you have any questions about how the whole process goes, feel free to contact us, using the comments section!