Currently, Huawei is rolling out its latest Android 7.0 Nougat update, based on EMUI 5.0, to Huawei Nova users, but, like usual, it’s scheduled to happen in a phase manner, so a lot of you can’t wait until they update notification will pop up. If you want to update Huawei Nova to Android 7.0 Nougat manually, you can do it by simply following the instructions below, as the update files for the European CAN-L01/L11 variant were recently leaked!
It’s worth mentioning that this is just a beta build, so don’t be surprised if you’re experiencing a couple of bugs. Otherwise, it brings Nougat’s new features, like Doze, Multi-window, new Messaging apps, Improved Notifications, Seamless update and the Vulkan API, besides many more.
Here are the complete details about the update:
- Device – Huawei Nova
- Model – CAN-L01/CAN-L11
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B320
- Build Number – CAN-L01C432B320/CAN-L11C432B320
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official (Beta)
- Type – OTA firmware image
- Size – 1.6 GB
Before starting the update process, here are a few details you should consider:
- This firmware is just for the CAN-L01/L11 variants of the Huawei Nova, so don’t try installing it on another device.
- In order to be able to install it, your phone needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The update process may erase your data, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup before starting.
- Make sure that the battery level is around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown during installation.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The steps aren’t tested, so follow this tutorial at your own risk!
Download Huawei Nova Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
Huawei Nova ( CAN-L01) Android 7.0 Nougat – Link Removed
Huawei Nova ( CAN-L11) Android 7.0 Nougat – Download
Update Huawei Nova To Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
Step 1: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM file for Huawei Nova, and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and copy the update.app file over there.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Update and press the phone’s menu button.
Step 4: Select Local update.
Step 5: You will see the update.app file. Tap on it, in order to start the installation process. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to be completed.
Step 6: Reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download Huawei Nova Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware and extract it.
Step 2: Create the dload folder on your memory card and put the update.app file over there.
Step 3: Turn off your Huawei Nova and press Volume Up + Volume Down + the Power Button at the same time, in order to start the updating process.
Step 4: Wait for about 10 minutes, until it’s completed.
And this is pretty much everything you need to do in order to update Huawei Nova to Android 7.0 Nougat manually. Even though the process seems simple, proceed at your own risk. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.