Huawei has just a couple of tablets in its portfolio and the MediaPad M2 is one of them. If you own one, we have a good news, as you can now finally update the OS! The latest MediaPad M2 Marshmallow 6.0 firmware is now available for downloading, perfect for those who can’t wait until they receive the official notification.
Like always, the manufacturer is rolling out the official Marshmallow 6.0 for MediaPad M2 over the air, in a phase-wise manner, so it might take a while until it will be available for yours. However, you can also update MediaPad M2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow manually, by simply following the instructions below!
The update brings several new features, the manufacturer is rolling out the official Marshmallow 6.0 for MediaPad M2 over the air, in a phase-wise manner, including Google Now on Tap, the excellent Doze Mode, new app permissions and many more. Also, let’s not forget about the specific EMUI 4.0 changes, which will bring a new look to your tablet!
Before proceeding with installation, here are a few aspects you should consider, in order to avoid any issues:
- This update is just for the Huawei MediaPad M2 (8-inch), so don’t try installing it on other devices, since it won’t work.
- In order to be able to install it, your device must be on stock firmware, as well as stock recovery.
- The update won’t erase your data, but it’s recommended to perform a full backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your battery level is around 50-60%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the instructions below carefully!
Download Huawei MediaPad M2 Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware
- Mediapad M2 B202 for M2-801W – Download
- Mediapad M2 B215 for M2-803L – Download
Install Marshmallow 6.0 On Huawei MediaPad M2 Manually
Step 1: Download Huawei MediaPad M2 Marshmallow 6.0 ROM From Above, according to your specific model.
Step 2: On the root of your internal storage or microSD card, create a dload folder and copy the content of the unzipped package, including update.app, over there. Note: if you have the M2-801W model, you don’t need to extract this file.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Update and press the menu button.
Step 4: Select Local update.
Step 5: Your phone will automatically detect update.app and will start the installation process. Wait for about 10 minutes, until it’s completed.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Huawei MediaPad M2! As you can see, the whole process is relatively easy and you shouldn’t encounter any problems. However, if you have any questions related to this, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!