Today we bring you the tutorial to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2. You also can use this same exact process to unlock bootloaders of any Xiaomi devices.
Now the question comes in your mind is that why do I have to unlock the bootloader? The answer is that if you want to install a custom ROM or custom Recovery like TWRP, Phils, CWM, etc. you need to access the system files which are blocked for normal users for various reasons. Unlocking the bootloader will get us the access to those blocked files and we can install any custom ROM or recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
To unlock the bootloader, you will need Mi Flash Tool and a computer. You can find the Mi Flash Tool given below by scrolling down, so download that tool first. You will also be needing a Mi account, therefore, if you do not have one, go register first.
We have given a complete guide to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 below. Kindly scroll down and find all the required information you need to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi device.
- Unlocking the bootloader will void your device’s warranty.
- The method and tool mentioned in this article are only for Xiaomi devices, therefore, do not try on other devices.
- Unlocking process will erase all the data from your Mi Max 2, therefore, do not forget to take a full backup.
- And lastly, charge your Mi Max 2 to at least 50% before starting the unlock process.
Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- Firstly, Download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool using the red download button from above and extract all the files on your computer.
- Afterward, open the extricated folder and execute the MiFlashUnlock.exe to get started.
- You need to have a Mi account for the tool to work so login if you already have an account else register on the Mi website.
- After you log in, the approval procedure will begin on your phone, and interestingly, you will get an alert saying “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device.”
- Click the “Go” button or you can go to MIUI Unlock Page to get unlock authorization.
- Then click the Unlock Now button and fill up all the asked information.
- As you click the above button and log in, you will receive an OTP on your linked mobile number or on the email ID associated with your Mi account.
- After you apply the OTP you received, you will have the unlock permission.
- Restart the Mi Flash Tool application and your work is done!
This was the simple procedure to unlock Xiaomi Mi Max 2 bootloader. If you face any problems do not forget to comment.