You might want to install a cool feature-rich custom ROM or want to root your device to enhance its functionality but to do that you need to unlock the bootloader of your phone. Therefore we are publishing an easy to follow guide to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9.
Unlocking the boot loader will provide total access to the Android file system and we need the access in order to root the device or to install the custom ROM. You don’t need to download anything to do that but you’ll have to register a HonorID on the official website and fetch the unlock code from there. Below are the complete steps to fetch the unlock code and using it to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9.
- Your warranty will void if you choose to unlock the bootloader so keep in mind that.
- Charge your device to at least 40-50 percent so that we can avoid accidental shutdowns.
- Follow the below steps correctly and everything will go as we plan.
Unlock Bootloader of Honor 9
1) First, you need to enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ alternative from setting > Developer option.
2) Install the ADB and fastboot driver on your computer first, Download.
3) Now, make an Honor id from the official page.
4) After making an Honor id, round out the detail on the unlock page after logging in.
5) It will request the product identification code, (to find that out dial * # * # 1357946 # * # *) fill the MEI code and submit.
6) The above step will give you an unlock code. Save it so that we can use it when in need.
7) Afterward, navigate to ADB and Fastboot installation directory and open the command window there by holding the “shift” key and right-click any place in that folder.
8) Afterward, connect your phone to PC and reboot the Honor 9 into fastboot mode by writing “adb reboot bootloader”.
9) Now, let us check the phone’s connection first by typing “fastboot devices” in command prompt, it gives you serial numbers for connected devices.
10) To unlock the bootloader of HonorHonor 9, type “fastboot OEM unlock key”. Here supplant unlock key with the key you got. For instance “fastboot oem unlock 21084949302847″.
11) Above command will Unlock Bootloader of HonorHonor 9. To restart the device type “fastboot reboot” and that’s all!