Recently Samsung has released the essential August 2017 security patch update for Samsung Galaxy A8 in the Korean region. The update is based on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat and as usual, it is being delivered via OTA. There have been many bug fixes in this update and some of the performance improvements have also been performed. The Android 7.0 Nougat update is being rolled out for the SM-A810S model with the build date of 1st August.
As this update is being rolled out via OTA, it might take some time to reach different regions around the globe. But for such cases, we bring you the easiest way to install the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update on the Galaxy A8. We are going to download the Nougat update directly from the Samsung server, you only need to make a few clicks and enter your model number that’s all so hang on tight.
Firmware CSC: A810SSKC1BQH1
Download Required Tools
- SamFirm Tool – Download
Download and Install Android 7.0 Nougat for Samsung A8
[August 2017 update]
- First of all download and install SamFirm_v0.3.6 or v0.3.5.zip on your computer.
- Go to about phone and get the model number and region code of your device. If you cannot find it, you can get it from here.
- Now its time to run the SamFirm that you have downloaded previously.
- Fill in the model number and region code that we grabbed in the second step.
- Tick on Auto and Check Update. [tick mark the Decrypt Firmware option too.]
- This will retrieve all the information about the latest update available for your device.
- Verify the information and click on the download button.
- Now it will download the latest Android Nougat 7.0 update on your Samsung Galaxy A8 with August Security patch.
- Install the Odin tool on your computer first.
- Shutdown your Galaxy A8 and boot it into the download mode. You can do that by squeezing
Power button + Volume Down + Home keys simultaneously.
- Once you boot into the download mode, connect your Galaxy A8 to the computer and you will see your device connected in the ID: COM section.
- Check the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options first. Do not check any other boxes.
- Click the PDA button and select the Android Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy A8 you downloaded previously.
- Click on start and let the installation finish.
Afterward, your Galaxy A8 will automatically reboot with the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update with the latest August 2017 security patch.