Rooting your Android device comes with many benefits like you can install a custom ROM on your Mi Max 2 or can tweak some applications, etc. Most of the time people think that rooting is a complicated procedure and will tell their friends to root their phone but its a very simple procedure that merely takes 5 to 10 minutes. We have gathered all the required information and files you need to root Mi Max 2, so follow below guide and rooting will be done before you know it.
Now, as you have already taken the decision to root Mi Max 2, there are a couple of things that need to be done before you root your Mi Max 2. You first need to have an unlocked bootloader. If you do not then you can follow this link and Unlock bootloader of Mi Max 2. After you have unlocked the bootloader, you will need a custom recovery like TWRP. To Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Max 2, follow the link and get back here as soon as you are done!
After all the above requirements are fulfilled, follow the below-given installation tutorial to Root your Xiaomi Mi Max 2. The steps are pretty simple and even though you face any difficulties, please let us know in the comment section.
Download SuperSu V2.82 for Mi Max 2
- First of all backup your all data from Mi Max 2 before proceeding further.
- Charge your device to 50% at least to prevent the accidental shutdown in the middle of the procedure.
- You need to Install TWRP Recovery first.
- Lastly, this SuperSu zip provided is only for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and therefore, do not use it on any other device.
Root Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- First of all, you will need to download the SuperSu zip file from the above download section provided.
- After you downloaded the SuperSu zip, save it on the internal or external SD of your Mi Max 2.
- After that is done, reboot your phone in the TWRP Recovery by using Volume Up + Power buttons together.
- As soon as you are booted in the TWRP Recovery, click on the install button.
- In the presented list, select the SuperSu zip file you previously saved to root your Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- Swipe right to affirm the installation.
- Wait a while for the installation procedure to be finished and reboot afterward.
That is all! Now you have Successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Enjoy all the benefits and have a nice day!