Even though it was launched just a few days ago, there are already a few tricks and mods available for the new Xiaomi Mi 6, allowing you to take customization to a new level. We’re talking about installing a custom TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 6!
The TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 6 is required to be installed first, so you can be able to flash SuperSu and Root Mi 6. In order to do this, you can find the steps in the guide presented below and fully enjoy the possibilities brought by Android.
Benefits of Rooting Xiaomi Mi 6
Here you can find a short list with the benefits of a rooted phone:
- A rooted phone allows you to install a custom ROM and a custom kernel, in order to improve the phone’s performance.
- You can block ads in apps, using an ad blocker.
- You can customize your device in various ways after rooting it
- The battery performance can be increased, by killing processes in the background automatically.
- You can restore all the apps and data, using Titanium Backup.
- You can uninstall all the pre-installed apps.
Make sure you consider the following aspects before starting the installation, in order to avoid any issues:
- Your phone needs to have a custom recovery installed, otherwise you can’t root it.
- The process will erase all the data on your phone, so it’s advisable to take a full backup and just then proceed.
- Check your battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60%, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the steps in the guide correctly and don’t skip anything!
Download Required Files To Root Mi 6
No-Verity-Opt-Encrypt-5.1.Zip For Mi 6 – Download
Supersu To Root Mi 6 – Download
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 6
Step 1: Download the No-Verity-Opt-Encrypt-5.1.Zip For Mi 6 file from above and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
Step 2: Download SuperSu from above and save it on the phone as well.
Step 3: Boot the phone into Recovery mode.
Step 4: Select your language of choice, then tap the “Never show this screen on boot again”. Swipe in order to allow the change.
Step 5: In the menu, pick the Install .zip option, then select no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for Mi 6. If you can’t see it, go to Wipe and tap Format Data, then type yes and transfer the file.
Step 6: Swipe in order to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for Mi 6. This will root Xiaomi Mi 6.
Step 7: Flash SuperSu in order to maintain the root.
This is how you can Root Xiaomi Mi 6 in just a few easy steps. The process is relatively simple, as long as you follow the instructions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.