If you’re the lucky owner of the new Xiaomi Mi 6 and want to take the phone to a whole new level, you’re in the perfect place, since the TWRP Recovery for Xoaimi Mi 6 was just made available for downloading and installation, in a few easy steps.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Mi 6 allows you to root the phone and customize the phone as much as possible. The process is very simple and, if done, properly, it takes just a few minutes. Below you can find a complete guide on how to do it, so carefully pay attention to all the steps!
Before starting the installation process, please consider the following details, in order to avoid any issues or damaging your phone:
- In order to be able to install this, you need to unlock your phone’s bootloader first.
- This method works just for the Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try it on other models, since it won’t work properly.
- The process will erase the data on your phone completely. Our advice is to take a full backup of the phone and just then proceed.
- Your battery level needs to be around 50-60% before starting, so you can avoid an unexpected shutdown, in-between the process.
- Follow the steps in the guide carefully, making sure you don’t skip something!
Download Required Files For TWRP
Download the ADB And Fastboot Drivers for Windows – Download
Download TWRP For Mi 6 (Sagit) – Download (Rename To Recovery.img)
Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 6
Step 1: Go to Settings > About phone > Build Number, Tap it 7 times, in order to enable the Developer Options menu.
Step 2: From the Developer Options menu, enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Go to the installation directory and open a command window, by pressing and holding Shift and Right Click anywhere.
Step 4: Connect your phone to a PC and type adb reboot bootloader, in order to reboot the device into Fastboot mode.
Step 5: Type fasbtoot devices while in Fastboot mode to check your connectivity. This will return your device serial number, meaning that the phone is properly connected.
Step 6: Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and press enter. This will begin installing TWRP Recovery for Mi 6.
Step 7: Type fastboot boot recovery.img to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 8: After completing this, follow the steps in our How to Root Mi 6 guide.
This is how you can install TWRP Recovery on Mi 6. If you encounter any issues throughout the installation process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.