The Honor 5X is one of Huawei’s most popular models, offering a decent mid-range spec sheet and a really great looking design for a pocket-friendly price. However, there’s one thing that’s bugging us about this phone: the user interface.
Below you can find everything you need in order to download and install Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM (Marshmallow 6.0 Based) on your Huawei Honor 5X and enjoy several impressive features which you can find on stock Android!
Some of the new additions you will get include battery optimizations, improved app permissions, Google Now on Tap, Status bar customization, Doze and many more.
Download CM 13 ROM
- The process won’t work unless your Honor 5X is rooted, with custom recover installed.
- The CM13 ROM will work just for the Honor 5X KIW-L24 / L22 / L21. Don’t try it for other variants of the phone or other devices.
- The process will completely erase all the data on your phone, so make sure you perform a full backup before starting.
- Your phone’s battery needs to be around 50% or 60% before starting, in order to prevent an eventual shut down while performing the process, but our recommendation would be to have it fully charged.
- Follow each step of this guide carefully and don’t skip any, as there’s always the risk to damage your phone. If you don’t have any technical experience, ask somebody who has done this before to assist you.
Instructions To Install CyanogenMod 13 on Honor 5X
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on your Honor 5X
Step 2: Download the CM13 custom ROM and the Gapps file, using the links provided Above.
Step 3: Boot your Honor 5X into recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power Button
Step 4: Your phone is now into recovery mode. While in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong.
Step 5: Perform a Factory Reset, by going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Here, select Wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and date. Swipe to confirm.
Step 6: Head over to Install, locate the CM13 ROM zip file and swipe in order to install. Right after this, do the same thing with the Gapps zip file.
Step 7: Finally, wipe cache and Dalvik cache again, followed by a device reboot.
And this is it. If you have followed all these steps correctly, you can now enjoy CyanogenMod13 on your Honor 5X. If you have any questions regarding the whole process, feel free to ask us, using the comments section below.