Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 users from all over the world who want to get the max out of their phone and give it a totally new look have all the reasons to be happy, as they can now officially download and install the CyanogenMod 13 ROM, based on the latest Android version, Marshmallow 6.0.
Besides a set of awesome new features, which aren’t available on stock Android, CyanogenMod 13 for Redmi Note 3 brings battery optimization, improved app permissions, Google Now on Tap, Doze, status bar customization and the list could go on.
Sounds interesting? We’re absolutely convinced it does! However, there’s one important details we should mention: in order to be able to install CyanogenMod 13 on your Redmi Note 3, the phone needs to be rooted, with custom recovery installed, ROM zip file and GApps zip file. Also, it’s just for the Snapdragon-running variant of the Redmi Note 3, so make sure you check your processor before doing this operation.
Required Files To Install CyanogenMod 13
- CyanogenMod 13 ROM – You can download it from here – Link
- Supported Firmware – You can download it from more – Link
- Gapps – Available here – Open Gapps, Slim Gapps, A-Gapps, Benzo Gapps
- Follow the exact steps presented in our guide, as this is a technically complicated process, which, done wrong, could totally damage your phone. If you’re not a tech savvy person, ask a more experienced user to help you.
- The process will erase all the data on your phone, so if you want to keep some of the stuff you currently have on your Redmi Note 3, make a complete backup and then start.
- The process requires a significant amount of battery. It is advised to have at least 50-60% battery before starting, in order to prevent a potential shut down in the middle of the process. However, our recommendation is to start just after your phone is fully charged.
Now that you have everything you need, let’s proceed to our step-by-step guide on how to install CM13 on your Redmi Note 3.
Follow Installation Guide
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery, just to make sure you have a backup plan in case something goes wrong.
Step 2: Make sure you have the CM13 ROM and Gapps files saved on your Phone.
Step 3: Boot your Redmi Note 3 into recovery mode, holding down the Volume Down key and Power Button.
Step 4: In TWRP, create a Nandroid backup.
Step 5: Perform a Factory Reset, going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data. Swipe to confirm.
Step 6: Head over to install and locate the CyanogenMod 13 ROM zip file, then swipe to install the file. After this process is completed, repeat this step with the Gapps zip file.
Step 7: Wipe cache and Dalvik cache again, followed by a reboot of your device.
If you have followed all the steps precisely, you should be done with installing CyanogenMod 13 ROM on your Redmi Note 3 and start enjoy all the new features!
If you have encountered any issues or have any comments, drop us a line below!