Launched last year, in June, the ZTE Axon 7 might not be the Chinese manufacturer’s latest model, but it’s definitely a popular smartphone and, thanks to the latest LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 update, you can enjoy all the new features brought by Google’s Android 7.0 Nougat.
The LineageOS 14.1 ROM is basically a rebranded version of CyanogenMod, after the initial company decided to shut down the business, but it’s still as reliable, bringing several new features and improvements. If you want to install it on your phone, everything you need to do is follow the instructions below!
- The update is exclusively for the ZTE Axon 7. Don’t try installing it on another handset, since it won’t work at all.
- Your phone’s internal memory will be completely wiped, so it’s highly recommended to perform a full backup, in order to save your data.
- Make sure your phone is running a custom recovery, like TWRP, otherwise you won’t be able to update.
- Check your battery level. It needs to be around 50-60%, in order to avoid an accidental shutdown, in-between the process.
- Follow the steps below precisely and make sure you don’t skip any of them!
Install LineageOS 14.1 On ZTE Axon 7
Step 2: Turn off your phone and boot it in Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + the Power Button, at the same time.
Step 3: Install the Universal bootloader.
Step 4: Go back to the Recovery menu, then head over to Wipe Cache Partition > Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Step 5: After you’re done, get back to the main menu and select Install, in order to start flashing the .zip file.
Step 6: Browse for the file which you downloaded earlier and swipe, in order to start Flashing.
Step 7: Wait for about 10 minutes, until the process is completed.
Step 8: Repeat Step 6 for the Gapps package – Download.
Step 9: After you’re done, reboot your phone.
Done! You have installed LineageOS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7! As you can see, the process is really simple, but if you encounter any issues or have questions, please contact us, using the comments section below.