Google surprised everyone by launching the developer preview of Android O ahead of Google’s I/O developer conference. Google officially launched the preview on their Developer Blog. The developer preview contains many new features and updates to the previous features like Auto fill APIs, PIP for handsets and new windowing features, Adaptive icons, and WebView enhancements.
The preview released by google is intended for development purpose only and not for daily use. It is for developers who wants to check out Android O to get their applications ready for the upcoming Android O update. But if you still want to try the new android version then you can flash it on your device from the instructions below. Currently, the developer preview is available only for Google Pixel/ XL, Nexus 5X, 6P, Player, And Pixel C.
You can update your google device with the new Android O system through OTA if you’re part of the beta program or you can flash the update manually by following the guide below.
Download Android O Developer Preview for Google Pixel and Nexus Devices
- Android O Developer Preview for Google Pixel – Download
- Android O Developer Preview for Google Pixel C – Download
- Android O Developer Preview for Pixel XL – Download
- Android O Developer Preview for Nexus Player – Download
- Android O Developer Preview for Nexus 6p – Download
- Android O Developer Preview for Nexus 5x – Download
Download link temporary removed..
- Check that ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed on your computer if no then do it first.
- Flashing developer preview will erase all your data, therefore take backup of your important data.
- The update is only for the above-mentioned google devices, therefore do not flash on any other models.
Install Android O developer Preview on Google Pixel & Nexus Device
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option from Developer options in the main Settings app. If you do not see that menu then go to about phone and tap on “Build Number” 7 times to enable it.
Step 2: Navigate to the ADB installation folder, press shift + right click and click on ‘Open command window here’.
Step 3: Now connect your device to your computer and enter the following.
adb reboot bootloader
step 4: After device reboots check if your device is in fastboot mode or not by typing following command.
Step 5: To unlock the booloader type the below command in the command line window.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 6: After the process completes, your device will boot in the bootloader mode.
Flashing Android O Factory Image on Pixel and Nexus Devices
Step 1: Download the appropriate Android O factory image and extract it on your device.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option from Developer options.
Step 3: Connect your google device to the computer and enter into fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together.
Step 4: Open the command prompt and go to the directory where you extracted the downloaded zip.
Step 5: Run the “flash-all.bat“. This will install developer preview on your device.
If the above command works you can manually pass all the commands.
- Firstly, install the bootloader and the radio.
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img fastboot reboot-bootloader
- Install the recovery, system, and boot.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
- Do a full wipe by typing these commands.
fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- Reboot your google device and enjoy the new update.
If you face any difficulties do comment your issue and for further discussion, you can make a thread on our very own Forum where you will get all the answers lightning fast.