The latest is Oxygen OS 3.5, a community build which is now available for oneplus 3. It was released as a solution for users who weren’t happy with the OxygenOS 3.2.4 Hotfix Patch, due to some issues, and it brings several improvements, like new and better apps, improved camera software or new UI additions. Looking forward to installing it? We have clearly mentioned the procedure to install OxygenOS 3.5 on OnePlus 3.
Besides the high-end spec sheet and premium build, one of the major advantages of the OnePlus 3 is the software. The pocket-friendly flagship is relying on OxygenOS, the company’s own custom ROM, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and it gets several updates very often.
Warnings & Requirements
Being a community build, OxygenOS 3.5 for OnePlus 3 has some bugs which weren’t fixed.
- Android Pay is not supported yet
- Several OnePlus apps can be used only in English
- Users might deal with some performance issues, as well as UI issues, only when using custom themes.
- The System UI tuner is unstable, so avoid using it as it could cause serious issues that can be resolved only by performing a factory reset
- If you have fingerprint authentication enabled, you will need to register the fingerprints again.
Besides these, there are a few general aspects you should be aware of, before proceeding to the update:
- The OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build works only with the OnePlus 3.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but it’s advisable to perform a full backup before starting, so you can avoid any unpleasant situations.
- Follow all the steps below correctly, in order to avoid bricking your device.
- Make sure your battery level is above 60% before starting. Our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery.
Install OxygenOS 3.5 on OnePlus 3
Step 1: Download the OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build for the OnePlus 3 – Download
Step 2: Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap on it 7 times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 3: In Developer Options, enable USB Debugging.
Step 4: Download the ADB Fastboot driver and install it on your PC. You can get the Windows version from here or the Mac version from here.
Step 5: Move the OxygenOS 3.5 for OnePlus 3 zip file in the same folder where your ADB Fastboot driver is installed.
Step 6: Turn off your phone and boot into Recovery mode.
Step 7: While in Recovery mode, select Install from USB.
Step 8: Connect your OnePlus 3 to your PC.
Step 9: While in the folder where you have the custom ROM, press shift + right click and open a Command Prompt.
Step 10: Check your connection by typing adb devices. If your device is listed, you can proceed to flashing the ROM.
Step 11: Type adb sideload File Name.zip in order to flash OxygenOS 3.5 on your OnePlus 3.
Step 12: Wait until the process is completed, then reboot your phone.
That’s it, you’re done.
This is how you can easily download and install OxygenOS 3.5 on OnePlus 3. If you’re experiencing any issues during the process or have any questions, feel free to drop us a few lines, using the comments section below.