What else can be said about the Huawei P9, except ‘amazing’? The Chinese manufacturer’s latest flagship is the perfect proof that they are able to compete with all the top notch handsets of the moment, not to mention that the design is one of a kind! However, we’re not here to praise the phone, but seeing how we can improve it!
Out of the box, the Huawei P9 comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but considering that a build of the upcoming beta version, Android 7.0 Nougat, was leaked, why not take things to the next level? If you don’t want to wait until the manufacturer starts to roll out the OTA update, you can manually install it.
These being said, you can find below a step by step guide on how to download and install Android 7.0 Nougat beta on Huawei P9!
Android 7.0 Nougat Beta New Features
- New EMUI 5.0 user interface, with camera improvements and many more
- Multi-user mode, so you can share your device an apps with anybody else
- New interactive gestures, so you can swipe left and right in order to switch between mode and settings screens
- ROG power saving technology, developed by Huawei
- Optimizations for Phone Manager
- Optimized battery management
- Optimized traffic management
- Optimized Weather app
- Optimized networking speed when international roaming is on
Requirements and Warnings
- The Android 7.0 Nougat file. Download Here – Link
- A device on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- A complete backup of your phone, in order to avoid unpleasant situations.
- The battery level should be above 60%, but it’s recommended to start the update with a fully charged battery, in order to avoid an accidental shut down.
The method works only for the Huawei P9 EVA-L09. If you have another device, don’t try installing it. Also, remember that we’re talking about a leaked beta build, so it may contain bugs or be unstable.
Guide To Install Android 7.0 Nougat Beta on Huawei P9
Step 1: After downloading Android 7.0 Nougat beta, create a folder, dload, on the root of your internal storage or microSD card and place the update.app file there.
Step 2: Go to Settings > Update and press the Menu button.
Step 3: Select Local Update
Step 4: You will see the update.app file. Tap on it in order to launch the installation process.
Step 5: Wait until the installation process is complete, then perform a reboot of your device.
And that’s it. Your Huawei P9 is now running Android 7.0 Nougat. What are your first impressions about it? Let us know, using the comments section below!