Soon enough, OxygenOS 3.1.4 for OnePlus X will begin rolling out, bringing important improvements to the Chinese manufacturer’s handset and allowing you to enjoy a smooth operating system.
If you can’t wait until you will receive the official update notification, you can also manually install it, using the guide below. Sounds good, right? Let’s see find out more details about the whole process…
OxygenOS 3.1.4 Changelog
Before proceeding with the installing, make sure you check out the complete list of new features and improvements OxygenOS 3.14 brings:
- The launcher related crashes are now fixed
- Includes the Google security patch for November
- Optimized auto-brightness feature
- General bug fixes
- Improved overall system stability
Warnings & Requirements
Make sure that the updating process goes accordingly, by considering these tips:
- This update is just for the OnePlus X, so don’t try installing it on another device, as it won’t work.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but it’s advisable to perform a full backup of your phone, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your battery level is at least 50% before starting, as you don’t want to experience an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone.
Download OxygenOS 3.1.4 For OnePlus X
Install OxygenOS 3.1.4 on OnePlus X
Step 1: Download the OxygenOS 3.1.4 for OnePlux X .zip file and save it on your phone’s internal storage.
Step 2: Turn off your phone and, by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power Button, enter Recovery mode.
Step 3: If you want to make a clean installation, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe the data and cache. This step is optional, so you can also skip it, if you want to keep the stuff you have on your phone.
Step 4: While in Recovery mode, select the Install option.
Step 5: Select the OxygenOS 3.1.4 .zip file and tap Install, in order to start the installation process.
Step 6: Wait for around 10 minutes, until the updating is completed and go again to Wipe > Advanced wipe, but this time select only Wipe cache.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.
And this is everything you need to do. You have successfully managed to install OxygenOS 3.1.4 on OnePlus X. Like always, the comments section is open, so if you’re experiencing any issues during the installation process or have any questions related to it, feel free to contact us!