The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are definitely most impressive smartphones of the moment, with a high-end spec sheet and a lot of amazing features, still, what if we told you that you can enable dual speaker on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+?
After the TWRP Recovery was made available for the handsets, a lot of mods were developed, including the one mentioned above.
As you probably know, the devices have just one output speaker, situated at the bottom, but after installing the dual speaker mod for Galaxy S8 and S8+, it will allow the earpiece to act as a secondary output speaker. Also, it will boost the overall sound output, resulting in an increased volume!
The method was found on XDA Developers community by otonieru– and below you will find a short tutorial on how it can be done. In order to enable the dual speaker mod, your phone needs to be rooted and have a file explorer installed. Let’s begin, shall we?
If you want to Root / TWRP for your Smartphone, you can follow given below guide.
How To Root Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Exynos Variant G950F/FD/N/X, G955F/FD/N/X)
Please consider the following aspects before starting, so you can avoid any potential issues during the installation process:
- This method is just for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Don’t try it on other models, since it can damage or even brick them.
- Make sure you have root access to the phone, otherwise it’s not possible.
- Check your battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60%, just for the safer side, so you can avoid a potential shutdown during the installation.
- Please follow the steps in the guide correctly, without skipping anything.
Download Required Files
- Dual Speaker Mod with Original volume level – Download
- Dual Speaker with VOLUME BOOST – Download
- Bottom only Volume Boost – Download
- Original_Mixer_Paths.xml – Download
Enable the Dual Speaker on Galaxy S8 and S8+
Step 1: Download the Mod with original volume level or with volume boost, and save it on your device.
Step 2: Reboot the phone into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding the Bixby button + Volume Up button, then press the power button. Once it powers up, let go of the Power button, but keep the Bixby and Volume Up buttons pressed.
Step 3: In the TWRP Recovery menu, go to Install Zip and select the file downloaded at Step 1.
Step 4: Swipe in order to start flashing the file.
Step 5: Reboot your phone.
How to Revert to the Original Sound Settings
If you want to get back to the original sound settings, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the Original Mixer Paths file from above.
Step 2: Rename the original_mixer_paths.xml to mixer_paths.xml.
Step 3: Move the file to /system/etc/ and replace the previously modded .xml file.
Step 4: Change the file permission to 644 (RW-R-R)
Step 5: Reboot your phone
This is how you can enable dual speaker on Galaxy S8 or S8+. The process is very simple, but if you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section!