The latest Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Huawei P9 (EVA-L09) is finally available for downloading, bringing the latest Nougat for the Chinese manufacturer’s 2016 flagship. The firmware, based on EMUI 5.0 OS, is an official stable build, as the files are available on the official Huawei server. Also, it’s rolling out over the air, so it’s being distributed in a phase-wise manner.
On the other side, you can also install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9 manually, by simply following the instructions in our guide, available below. Just pay a bit of attention to all steps and you should be able to enjoy the latest operating system in a few minutes!
- Device – Huawei P9
- Model – EVA L09
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B386
- Build Number – EVA-L09C432B386
- Region: Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
Before proceeding with installation, please consider the following aspects, in order to avoid any issues or damaging your phone:
- This firmware works just for the EVA-L09 variant of the Huawei P9. Don’t try it on other models, since it won’t work.
- Your device should be on stock firmware and stock recovery in order to be able to install the update.
- The process may erase the data on your phone, so our recommendation is to take a full backup, just for the safer side.
- Check your battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60%, so you will be able to avoid an sudden shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the instructions in the guide carefully, making sure you don’t skip any steps.
Download Huawei P9 Nougat B386 Update File
Update.Zip – Download
Update_data_Full_EVA-L09_hw_eu.Zip – Download
Install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9 EVA-L09
Step 1: Download the Android Nougat update .zip file for Huawei P9 (From above) and extract it.
Step 2: Create a folder on your microSD card, then rename it to dload. Copy the update.app file, downloaded at the previous step, over there.
Step 3: Dial *#*#2846579#*#*, using your phone’s dialer, which will open a hidden menu.
Step 4: Select the Software Upgrade option, then start the SD Card Upgrade, from the same menu.
Step 5: Select and run the Android 7.0 Nougat update package.
Step 6: Give the phone 10 minutes, until the installation is ready.
Step 7: Reboot the phone.
Step 1: Download the update_full_EVA-L09_hw_eu.zip file from above, then extract it.
Step 2: Delete the update.app file that you copied earlier in the dload folder, then replace it with the new update.app file, extracted now.
Step 3: Dial; *#*#2846579#*#* again, to access the Secret menu.
Step 4: Select Software Upgrade again and begin the SD Card Upgrade.
Step 5: Select and run the update.
Step 6: Wait for 10 minutes, so the update process can be completed.
Step 7: Reboot the Smartphone.
And you have installed Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9. If you have any question, please contact us, using the comments section.