After becoming available for the P9 Lite, the stock Marshmallow firmware B122 can now be installed on the Honor 8 FRD-L04 as well, in order to enjoy all the latest features. Therefore, if you own this pretty awesome phone and want to enjoy a stock Android experience, please follow given below instruction and you will find out how to get it on your phone.
Below, you will find a step by step guide, presenting two methods of installing stock Marshmallow firmware on Honor 8 FRD-L04, the United States variant of Huawei’s popular handset.
Before proceeding to installation, here are all the details about the new firmware, which you should be aware of:
- Device – Honor 8
- Model – FRD-L04
- Android Version – 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- EMUI Version – 4.1
- Firmware – B122
- Region – United States
- Build Number – FRD-L04C567B122
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.57GB
In order to install stock Marshmallow firmware B122 for Honor 8 FRD-L04, there are a few important aspects you should consider first.
- The firmware is just for the United States version of the handset, Honor 8 FRD-L04, so don’t try installing it on another device, as it won’t work.
- Make sure your phone is on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The update process might erase your data, so it is advisable to perform a full backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation, before starting.
- Check your battery level! You need at least 50-60%, but our recommendation is to start the update with a fully charged battery, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Follow all the steps below carefully and make sure you don’t skip any of them, as there’s the risk of bricking your phone.
Download Marshmallow Firmware B122 For Honor 8 FRD-L04
Install Marshmallow Firmware B122 on Honor 8 FRD-L04
Step 1: Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Honor 8 FRD-L04 and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and copy the update.app file extracted above there.
Step 3: Go to your phone’s Settings menu and select Update. Then, press the menu button.
Step 4: From the menu that shows up, choose Local update.
Step 5: Tap on the update.app file in order to launch the installation process. It should take around ten minutes.
Step 6: Reboot your Honor 8 FRD-L04 in order to finish the updating process.
Step 1: Download Marshmallow 6.0.1 ROM for Honor 8 FRD-L04, using the link provided above, and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your memory card and place the update.app extracted from the package there.
Step 3: Turn off your phone.
Step 4: Press Volume Up + Volume Down + the Power button, in order to launch the updating process.
Step 5: Wait for about 10 minutes to complete the update.
And that’s it, you’ve successfully managed to install stock Marshmallow firmware B122 for Honor 8 FRD-L04 and you’re ready to enjoy all the new features. Like always, the comments section is open, so if you have any questions or dealing with issues during the updating process, feel free to drop us a few lines!