Sometimes, some installation processes fail and you need to reverse your phone to stock firmware. For example, if you root Moto G5 and something goes wrong, you can always flash stock firmware for Moto G5 in just a few easy steps and get back to the original settings.
This process is good for anybody who deals with problems like screen freezing, unresponsive touchscreen, bootloops, camera problems or many more. By installing stock firmware on Moto G5 you can fix all these. And the good part is that you can do it quickly, by simply following the instructions presented in the guide below!
Here you can find a detailed list of benefits that you can enjoy after installing the firmware:
- You can downgrade the phone if you don’t like the update you’ve just received
- You can get rid of all the bootloop issues
- You can unroot your phone
- You can unbrick the Moto G5
- The Moto G5 will be reverted to stock or factory state
Before starting the process, please take a few moments and read the following aspects, in order to avoid any issues throughout it:
- This method is solely for the Moto G5. Don’t try it on other phones, since it won’t work properly.
- The process will completely erase the data on your phone, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup and just then proceed.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least 50-60%, so you can avoid an unexpected shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the steps in the guide carefully!
Download Stock Firmware For Moto G5 (CEDRIC)
Download Stock Firmware for Moto G5 XT1677 CEDRIC NPP25.137-15 – Download
Install Stock Firmware on Moto G5
Step 1: Download the ADB and Fastboot driver from above and install them on your PC.
Step 2: Download the Stock Firmware for Moto G5 From above (According to your phone model,) and extract it in the ADB installation folder.
Step 3: Go to the folder where you have installed ADB and fastboot and open a command window, by pressing and holding Shift + Right click.
Step 4: Reboot the phone into Bootloader mode, by turning it off, then pressing and holding Power and Volume Down, at the same time.
Step 5: Issue the following commands one by one. Type mfastboot instead of fastboot if you’re using mfastboot.
- fastboot oem fb_mode_set
- fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
- fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
- fastboot flash logo logo.bin
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
- fastboot flash oem oem.img
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
- fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
- fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
- fastboot erase modemst1
- fastboot erase modemst2
- fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot erase userdata
- fastboot erase customize
- fastboot erase clogo
- fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
- fastboot reboot
This is how you can flash stock firmware for Moto G5 in a few easy steps. If you have any questions or encounter any issues during the installation process, even though you shouldn’t, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below.