Samsung has kept the promise and finally released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo in Canada. The update has started rolling out already via the means of OTA.
Samsung plans to give this incremental update via a phase wise delivery system to better manage the update delivery. because of which many of the S5 Neo users outside the Canadian region might not have received the update notification and we are here to solve this little problem. You can download Nougat firmware Galaxy S5 Neo from here.
It is completely harmless to update your device manually and the procedure is very simple. If you are under the impression that only a tech guy can handle this kind of stuff then you have mistaken. To clear out your confusion we have prepared a short guide to help you install 7.0 Nougat update on Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W Variant. Scroll down a bit to find it and if you have any queries, do consult us in the comments.
- Device – Galaxy S5 Neo
- Model – SM-G903W
- Region – Canada
- Version – Android 7.0 Nougat
- Security Patch Level – 2017-08-01
- Product code – TLS
- Build Date – Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:45:45 +0000
- PDA – G903WVLU1CQH4
- CSC – G903WOYA1CQH4
- Take a full backup of your data from your phone or internal storage, considering the worst case scenario.
- Enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options in the main settings app.
- The Nougat firmware presented here is specially designed to work on Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W variants only thus, do not flash this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly and it will be done before you know it.
Download Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Nougat Firmware
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S5 Neo
- Download and install the Odin tool on your PC first.
- Shutdown your Galaxy S5 Neo and boot it into the download mode. You can do that by pressing “Power + Volume Down + Home” keys at the same time.
- When you boot into the download mode, connect your Galaxy S5 Neo to the PC and you will see your device associated with the ID: COM area.
- Check the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options first. Try not to check some other boxes.
- Tap the PDA key and select the Android Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy S5 Neo you downloaded beforehand.
- Tap on start and let the installation wrap up.
After the installation finishes, your phone will reboot automatically and present you the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Galaxy S5 Neo.