As promised, Chinese manufacturer OnePlus just started rolling out the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3 (Based on Android 7.0 Nougat), which enables users to enjoy all the features brought by Google’s newest operating system.
It brings several new features, redesigned apps, and, of course, fixes many issues. The update is rolling out progressively, so if you can’t wait until you will receive the official update notification, you can install it manually, using the instructions provided in this guide.
New Features & Changelog
Before proceeding with the installation, here is a list with all the new stuff this update brings:
- New design for the notifications
- New design for the Settings Menu
- Multi-Window View
- The ability to reply directly from the notifications
- Custom DPI Support
- New Status Bar Icon Options
- Quick Launch for 3rd Party Apps
Issues you might experience
After installing, it’s possible to deal with the following issues:
- Android Pay may not work correctly
- Stability and performance issues
- You won’t be able to downgrade to Android 7.0 Marshmallow
Warnings & Requirements
Before installing the update, please consider the following aspects:
- The method presented below is just for the OnePlus 3. Don’t try installing it on other devices, since it won’t work and you risk bricking your phone.
- The update won’t erase your data, but it’s recommended to perform a full backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery level is at least 50%, otherwise you might experience a sudden shutdown in-between the process.
- Follow the instructions below correctly!
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 8 For OnePlus 3 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
Download – Link currently disabled
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
Step 1: Go to Settings > About and tap on the Build Number 7 times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: Go to the Developer Options menu and enable ‘USB debugging’.
Step 3: Download the ADB and fast-boot driver and install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3 .zip file, and copy the ROM in the same folder where ADB is installed.
Step 5: Turn off your OnePlus 3 and boot it into Recovery Mode. Then, choose the Install from USB option.
Step 6: Connect the phone to a laptop or PC.
Step 7: While in the folder where you have the ROM, press shift + right click and click on ‘open command here’.
Step 8: Type adb devices in order to check your connection. If your phone is listed, you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload file name.zip, in order to start flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes, so wait until it’s completed.
Step 10: After you’re done flashing the ROM, reboot your phone in order to finish the process.
And this is it, you have successfully managed to install OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3. As you can see, the whole process is very simple, so you shouldn’t face any difficulties throughout it. However, if you have any questions or experience issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.