OnePlus has recently released the OxygenOS Open Beta 24/15 for its OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The good part is, this update is official and can be received via OTA but the sad part is, only those devices which are enrolled previously for Open Beta updates, will receive OTA notification for this beta update.
So, if you are not enrolled for the Open Beta updates, you can still sideload this update manually. Here we have a complete guide on how to download and flash the update on your OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Another thing you keep in mind is, this is a beta update, hence it won’t be fully stable and might contain bugs.
OxygenOS Open Beta 24/15 Features:
- Added new “Soft” screen calibration
- New boot animation
- Fixes the Blueborne security issue
- Optimized performance
- Clearing of recent apps is now optimized
- New version of Community App
- Several Bug Fixes
- The update is especially for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, so do not try to install it on any other device.
- Updating your device won’t delete your device’s data but still, it is advised to make a full backup before proceeding.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery charged.
- Follow each and every step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 24/15 for OnePlus 3/3T
- The first thing you have to do is, turn on the “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlocking” from the Setting > Developer Option. If you don’t see Developer Option, go to About Phone and click seven times on the “Build Number”.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC – Download.
- Download the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 24/15 File for your OnePlus 3/3T from the links above and then copy the download zip file in the “adb” installation folder. For Windows, it’s C > adb.
- Now, turn off your device and boot in recovery mode. To get into the recovery mode, press “Volume Down and Power Button” simultaneously.
- Once you are in recovery mode, choose “Install from USB”.
- Now, connect your device to the PC on which you have just installed ADB and Fastboot.
- Now, again go to the “adb” installation folder and press and hold “Shift” and then “Right-Click” on the mouse and then select “Open Command Window Here”.
- In the command window, type “adb devices” to check whether your device is connected or not.
- If the query throws your device’s serial number then everything is good and if it doesn’t, check your connection or USB cable.
- Now, you have to flash the Update File. Type “adb sideload File_Name.zip” on command window and remember to replace the “File_Name” with the original file name of the Update File. And then press enter.
- Wait until the installation finishes.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulations, your device now runs on OxygenOS Open Beta 24/15.