OnePlus announced the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3 is now available for download. The update brings includes a couple of interesting features, like a feedback app, for reporting bugs, as well as various fixes and optimized power consumption.
In order to receive the update over the air, you need to be on the previous Open Beta. Otherwise, you can still install OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3 manually, by flashing it via ADB sideload. All the instructions on how to do it, including the download links for everything you need are available below!
OxygenOS Open Beta 16 Features & Improvements
- Bug report feedback app is now enabled
- Fix for the issue causing duplicate contacts after upgrading
- Fix for the issue leading to a Contacts search function bug
- Fix for the issue causing the alarm to not ring occasionally
- Fix for certain app crashes
- Fix for the display issues with Dark and Light themes
- Optimized power consumption
- General bug fixes
Before starting the update, please take a few moments and read the following aspects, in order to avoid any complications:
- This method is just for the OnePlus 3, so don’t try it on other models, since it won’t work.
- The update won’t erase the data on your phone, but our advice is to take a full backup, just for the safer side, and then proceed.
- The battery level needs to be around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the steps correctly, otherwise you can damage your device.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 16 For OnePlus 3
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 16 on OnePlus 3
Step 1: Enable the USB Debugging option by going to Settings > About phone > Build number and tapping it 7 times. This will enable the Developer Options menu, where you can find USB Debugging.
Step 2: Download the ADB and fastboot driver here – Download, then save it on your phone.
Step 3: Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3 .zip file, then copy it in the folder where you have the ADV driver installed.
Step 4: Turn off the handset, then boot it back into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: Pick the Install from USB option.
Step 6: Connect the OnePlus 3 to a laptop or a PC.
Step 7: In the ADB folder, open a command, by pressing shift and right click.
Step 8: Check your connection by typing adb device. If your OnePlus 3 is listed, you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload File Name.zip. This starts flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3.
Step 10: Wait for about 10 minutes.
Step 11: Reboot your phone.
Now you can enjoy all the new features, as well as the bug fixes and improvements. The process is relatively simple, but if you encounter any issues during it or have any other questions, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below.