OnePlus 3 and 3T users, make sure you don’t miss this guide! The Chinese manufacturer has recently announced the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for OnePlus 3 and the OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 3T are now available for downloading. We’re talking about stable versions, bringing a couple of important improvements!
Since these are OxygenOS Open Beta versions, you will receive them over the air if you are registered in the program. Otherwise, you can also flash the updates manually, using ADB Sideload. In order to do this, you can follow our guide on how to download and install Open Beta 15 on OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 3T, available below!
New Features & Improvements
Here you can find a complete list of all the new features brought by the update:
- A new dialer and incoming call interface was introduced, matching the refreshed UI: you can swipe down in order to answer and swipe up in order to reject a call.
- UI optimizations for Messages, Contacts and Settings.
- Refreshed UI.
- A new action bar for Messages and Settings was introduced.
- Optimized high power usage notifications.
- Optimizations for the system notifying you when apps are using too much battery.
- Bluetooth optimizations.
- Night mode optimizations.
- Bug fixes.
Please consider the following recommendations, in order to avoid any issues during the installation process:
- This method works only for the OnePlus 3 or 3T. Don’t try it on other smartphones, since it won’t work.
- The process won’t erase the data on your phone, but it’s still advisable to take a complete backup of the phone, just for the safer side, and then proceed.
- Take a look at the battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60% charged, to prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the updating process.
- Follow all the steps in the guide below correctly, making sure you don’t skip any of them.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 15/6 For OnePlus 3 and 3T
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 15 For OnePlus 3 – Download
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 6 For OnePlus 3T – Download
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 15/6 on OnePlus 3 and 3T
Step 1: Enable the USB Debugging option, by going to Settings > About Phone >Build Number, then tapping it 7 times. This will enable the Developer Options menu, where you will find USB Debugging.
Step 2: Download the ADB and Fastboot driver here – Download, then install it on your PC.
Step 3: Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 6 OTA file for OnePlus 3T or the OxygenOS Open Beta 15 OTA file For OnePlus 3 from above, then copy the ROM in the same folder where you’ve installed ADB.
Step 4: Turn off the phone and power it up into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: Choose the Install from USB option.
Step 6: Connect the phone to a laptop, using a microUSB cable.
Step 7: Go to the ADB folder and press Shift + Right click, in order to open a command here.
Step 8: Type adb devices, in order to check your connection. If your phone is listed, it means that you’re ready to flash the ROM.
Step 9: You can now flash the OxygenOS variant of your choice, by typing adb sideload File Name.zip.
Step 10: Wait for around 10 minutes, until the process is completed.
Step 11: Reboot the phone.
After completing this last step, you will successfully manage to install OxygenOS Open Beta 15 on OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 3T. If you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section!