OnePlus recently released the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3, allowing users to update their handsets to Android 7.0 Nougat and enjoy all the new features and improvements. The update is a stable version and, if you’re a part of the Open Beta program, you will receive it over the air.
On the other side, it could take a while until everybody will get the update, so there’s also the option to flash OxygenOS Open Beta 14 on OnePlus 3 manually, using ADB Sideload. You can find all the information required to do this in the short guide we’ve put together, available below!
New Features & Improvements
- Fixes for car connectivity issues
- Battery usage optimizations
- Fix for issues regarding auto connection
- The connection is now less likely to drop
Night Mode optimizations
- Update for the default sunrise time
- Fixed issues regarding auto night mode turning off and on, as well as RGB issues
- Fix for the issue making the system reboot after setting a new wallpaper
- Fix for the issue which wasn’t allowing users to set a new wallpaper
- Fix for the occasional Launcher crash
- Extraneous wallpaper entry was removed
Clock widget improvement
- Fix for the bug showing the widget smaller after exiting a full-screen app
Dark theme improvements
The community app was updated to version 1.8
General bug fixes and optimizations
Please consider the following aspects before starting the updating process, so you can avoid any issues:
- This method works just for the OnePlus 3, so please don’t use it on other device.
- The process will not erase the data on your phone, but our recommendation is to take a full backup of the phone and then proceed.
- Make sure that the battery level is somewhere between 50 and 60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the steps below carefully, making sure you don’t skip any of them.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 14 For OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3 OxygenOS Open Beta 14 – Download
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 14 on OnePlus 3
Step 1: Go to Settings > About Phone and search for the Build Number. Tap on it 7 times, which will enable the Developer Options sub menu.
Step 2: In Developer Options, look for USB Debugging and enable this feature.
Step 3: Download the ADB and fastboot driver Here – Download, then install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3 from above and copy the ROM in the folder where you have installed the ADB driver.
Step 5: Switch off your phone, then turn it on again, in Recovery Mode.
Step 6: Choose the Install from USB option and connect your phone to a laptop or a PC.
Step 7: In the ADB folder, press Shift + Right click, which will open a command window.
Step 8: Check your connection by typing adb devices. If the phone is listed, you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 14, by typing adb sideload File Name.zip. The entire process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 10: Reboot the phone.
And you’re done! You have successfully managed to install OxygenOS Open Beta 14 on OnePlus 3. If you have any questions or encounter any issues during the process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!