Just before the end of the year, Chinese manufacturer OnePlus released one extra update, based on Android 7.0 Nougat. We’re talking about OxygenOS Open Beta 10 for OnePlus 3, which brings a couple of improvements and fixes.
If you’ve joined the Open Beta program previously, you will eventually receive it over the air, but on the other side, you can also install it manually, since the ROM is available for downloading.
Before installing the update, check out the list with all the improvements it brings:
- Added Data Saver
- Fix for the Lock Screen clock bug in Portrait Mode
- Fixed issue of reverting to Default Theme after reboot
- Optimized fingerprint unlocking speed
- Optimized the quality of Expanded Screenshot
- Optimized Wi-Fi performance
- Optimized system performance and battery consumption
Warnings & Requirements
Here are a few aspects you should consider before proceeding with installing:
- This method works just for the OnePlus 3, so don’t try installing it on another handset, since it won’t work.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but our advice is to perform a full backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that the battery level is around 50-60% before starting, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the steps below correctly, since getting them wrong can brick your phone.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 10 For OnePlus 3
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 10 On OnePlus 3
Step 1: Go to the phone’s Settings menu > About and search for the Build Number. Tap on it seven times, in order to enable the Developer Options menu.
Step 2: In the Developer Options menu, enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Download the ADB and Fast-boot driver, and install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 10 for OnePlus 3 ROM, and copy it in the same folder where ADB is installed.
Step 5: Turn off your phone and boot it into Recover Mode.
Step 6: While in Recovery Mode, choose the Install from USB option and connect it to your PC.
Step 7: While in the folder where you have copied the ROM, press Shift and right click, in order to open a command.
Step 8: Check your connection, by typing adb devices. If your device is listed, you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload File Name.zip in order to start flashing the ROM. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 10: Reboot your OnePlus 3.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to install OxygenOS Open Beta 10 on OnePlus 3. Like always, the comments section is open and you can contact us using it, if you encounter any issues during the process or have any other questions.