Chinese manufacturer OnePlus recently started rolling out the latest OxygenOS 4.1.1 for OnePlus 3 and 3T, based on Google’s Android 7.1.1 Nougat. As you probably guessed, it’s rolling out over the air, in a phase-wise manner, so many users are already getting it. In this case, you have two options: either wait to receive the update notification, or installing it manually, by simply following a few steps.
Below you can find a quick guide on how to install OxygenOS 4.1.1 on OnePlus 3 or 3T, in order to enjoy all the new features, as well as the latest March Security patch. So, without much further ado, we’ll leave you with the instructions and after the process is ready, you will be able to enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
New Features and Changelogs
- Upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Expanded screenshots were added
- You can take better pictures of moving objects, thanks to blur reduction
- The video stability was improved
- The Wi-Fi connectivity was improved
- The Bluetooth connectivity was improved as well
- A fix for the Instagram swiping bug was introduced
- A fix for the hardware malfunction bug was also introduced
- General bug fixes
In order to avoid any issues or problems during the installation, please consider the following aspects and everything should be just fine:
- This method works just with the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Don’t try it on another model, since it won’t work properly.
- If you have a TWRP custom recovery installed, you can also flash the ROM through it.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but still, our recommendation is to take a full backup of the phone and just then proceed to the actual installation.
- Make sure that your battery level is around 50-60%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown, exactly in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the instructions in the guide below carefully, so you can avoid any problems.
Download OxygenOS 4.1.1 For OnePlus 3/3T (7.0 Nougat)
OxygenOS 4.1.1 For OnePlus 3 Full ROM – Download, Mirror
OxygenOS 4.1.1 For OnePlus 3T OTA – Download – Removed
Install OxygenOS 4.1.1 on OnePlus 3/3T
Step 1: Go to the phone’s Settings menu > About phone and look for the Build Number. Then, tap on it 7 times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: In the Developer Options menu, look for USB Debugging and enable this feature.
Step 3: Download the ADB and fastboot driver – Download, then install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS 4.1.1. for OnePlus 3/3T From Above, then copy the ROM in the same folder where ADB is installed.
Step 5: Turn off the phone, then boot it into Recovery Mode and choose the Install from ADB Sideload option.
Step 6: Connect your phone to a laptop or PC.
Step 7: While you’re in the ADB folder, press Shift and Right Click at the same time, in order to open a command here.
Step 8: In order to check your connection, type adb devices. If your phone is listed, you can proceed with flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload File Name.zip and begin the flashing. It takes around 10 minutes.
Step 10: Reboot the phone.
Step 1: Download the OxygenOS 4.1.1. OTA .zip file from above download section and save it on your phone’s memory.
Step 2: Turn off your OnePlus 3 or 3T, then boot it into Recovery Mode. This can be done by pressing holding Power and Volume Down, at the same time.
Step 3: Select the Apply Update option, then pick Choose from Internal Storage.
Step 4: Look for the OxygenOS 4.1.1 for OnePlus 3 or 3T .zip file downloaded earlier and saved on your phone, select it and you will see the installation process starting. It will take around 10 minutes.
Step 5: After the process is ready, reboot the phone.
And this is pretty much it! You have successfully installed OxygenOS 4.1.1. on OnePlus 3 or 3T. If you have any questions or encounter issues with any step of this process, no matter the method, even though both of them are very easy, please contact us, using the comments section below.