A good news for OnePlus 3T users, as the stable version of OxygenOS 4.0 update, based on Android 7.0 nougat, has started rolling out over the air. Since it’s an incremental update, it will roll out in phase wise manner, but not all users will receive the update notification at the same time, so, if you can’t wait, you can follow the guide below and install OxygenOS 4.0 on OnePlus 3T.
Before installing the update, here’s a short list with some of the most important changes it brings:
- New design for the notifications menu
- New design for the Settings menu
- Multi-Window View
- Direct Replies from Notifications
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Improved Shelf Customization
Here are a few aspects you should consider before proceeding with installation, in order to avoid bricking your phone:
- This method works just for the OnePlus 3T, so don’t try installing it on another smartphone.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup and then start.
- Make sure that your battery level is at least 50%, otherwise, you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Please follow the steps correctly, since there’s a risk of bricking your device.
Download OxygenOS 4.0 For OnePlus 3T (7.0 Nougat)
OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For Oneplus 3T – Download
Install OxygenOS 4.0 On OnePlus 3T (7.0 Nougat)
Step 1: Go to Settings > About phone and search for the Build Number. Tap on it seven times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: In the Developer Options menu, search for USB Debugging and enable this option.
Step 3: Download the ADB and fast-boot driver for Windows And Mac.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS 4.0 for OnePlus 3T ROM, and copy it in the same folder when you’ve just installed ADB.
Step 5: Turn of your phone and boot it back, but into Recovery Mode.
Step 6: In Recovery Mode, choose the Install from ADB Sideload option.
Step 7: Connect the phone to a PC and, in the same folder where you have copied the ROM, press Shift and Right Click, in order to open a command.
Step 8: Type adb devices, in order to check your connection. If your phone is listed, it means that you’re ready to flash the ROM.
Step 9: In order to start flashing the ROM, just type adb sideload File Name.zip and wait for about 10 minutes, until the process is completed.
Step 10: Reboot your phone.
And you’re all done!
You have successfully managed to install OxygenOS 4.0 on OnePlus 3T. If you have any questions about the process or encounter any issues during it, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.