OnePlus has already started rolling out the OxygenOS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3 update, based on Google’s latest operating system update, Android 7.0 Nougat, bringing several new improvements, despite its reduced size. Currently, it’s available just over the air and it will be rolling out progressively, depending on your carrier.
A lot of users are already getting it, but some of them might need to wait a bit until they’re prompted to download it. If you can’t wait until you receive the notification to download it, you can also install it manually, following the instructions below, and you will enjoy all its features.
OXYGENOS 4.0.1 FOR ONEPLUS 3 CHANGELOGS
Here you can find a complete list with all the improvements brought by the update:
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Updated APN Settings for selecting carriers
- Fix for the Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Increased System Stability
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New design for the notifications
- New design for the Settings Menu
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
Please consider the following aspects before proceeding with installation:
- This update is just for the OnePlus 3, so don’t try installing it on another device. It won’t work!
- The update may erase all your data, so it’s recommended to perform a full backup before starting, for the safer side.
- Your phone needs at least 50-60% battery before starting, otherwise you risk experiencing an accidental shutdown in-between process.
- Please follow these steps carefully, since there’s a risk of bricking your phone if you skip just one of them.
DOWNLOAD OXYGENOS 4.0.1 FOR ONEPLUS 3
OxygenOS 4.0 To OxygenOS 4.0.1 – Download
OxygenOS 4.0.1 Full ROM For Oneplus 3 – Download
INSTALL OXYGENOS 4.0.1 ON ONEPLUS 3
Step 1: Go to your phone’s Settings Menu > About phone and search for the Build Number.
Tap on it seven times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: From the Developer Options menu, enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Download the ADB and Fastboot Driver, and install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download OxygenOS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3, From Above, and copy it in the same folder where ADB is installed.
Step 5: Turn off your phone and boot it into Recovery Mode.
Step 6: While in Recovery Mode, select the Install from ADB Sideload option.
Step 7: Connect the phone to your PC, using a USB cable, and, while in the same folder where you have the ROM, press Shift + Right click, in order to open a command.
Step 8: In the command, type adb devices, in order to see if your device is listed. If it’s there, you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload File Name.zip in order to begin the installation process. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 10: Once the flashing is ready, reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download OxygenOS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3 OTA .zip file, using the link provided above, and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
Step 2: Turn off your phone and boot it into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Power + the Volume Down button.
Step 3: Tap on Apply Update and select the Choose from Internal Storage option.
Step 4: Search for the OTA .zip file and select it, in order to begin the flashing process, which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 5: Wait for the process to complete and reboot your phone.
And that’s it, you have successfully managed to install OxygenOS 4.0.1 on OnePlus 3. If you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section below.