Good news for all OnePlus 3 users out there who are looking forward to update their handsets to the latest version of OxygenOS. The latest OxygenOS 3.5.5 for OnePlus 3 update, a “Community Build” one, to be more specific, is now available for downloading.
Recently, the manufacturer started releasing the stable version of OxygenOS 3.2.7 over the air, but if you can’t wait and want to already enjoy all the new features, like FileDash functionality, for easier file transfers, the ability to switch launcher layouts, a redesign of the calling UI and an overall increased system stability, you’re in the perfect place. But we bet you would like to see the full list with improvements, right?
- Added OnePlus FileDash functionality for easier file transfers
- Added the ability to switch between launcher layouts
- Google Maps integration, so you can share locations in messages
- New design for the phone UI
- Added the ability to set personalized ringtone information for each contact
- Added ability to view the entire call history of a specific contact
- Added the OnePlus Community App
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes
Warnings & Requirements
Before proceeding to installing the update, here are a few aspects you should consider:
- The update is just for the OnePlus 3, so don’t try installing it on another device, since it won’t work.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but it’s advisable to perform a full backup before starting.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50% battery before starting, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone.
Download OxygenOS 3.5.5 For OnePlus 3
Install OxygenOS 3.5.5 On OnePlus 3
Step 1: Go to Settings > About and tap the Build Number seven times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: In the Developer Options menu, enable USB debugging.
Step 3: Download the ADB and Fastboot driver and install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS 3.5.5 for OnePlus 3 zip file, using this link, and extract it. Copy the ROM in the same folder where ADB is installed.
Step 5: Turn off your OnePlus 3 and boot it into Recovery Mode.
Step 6: Choose the Install from USB option.
Step 7: Connect your phone to a PC and, while in the folder where the ROM is, press Shift + right click, in order to open command here.
Step 8: Type adb devices in order to check your connection. If your device is listed, everything is ok and you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload file name.zip and you will begin the flashing process. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 10: After the whole process is completed, simply reboot your phone.
And that is it! You have successfully managed to install OxygenOS 3.5.5 on OnePlus 3. Like always, the comments section is open, so if you’re facing any issues during the installation process or have any other questions, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines.