Even though the upgraded OnePlus 3T was just released, the simple 3 is still an excellent handset and you can now install the latest operating system on it. To be more specific, we’re talking about OxygenOW 3.2.8 for OnePlus 3, which adds several new features to this smartphone.
Users will get the update over the air, but if you can’t wait until you will receive the official notification, which rolls out in a phase wise manner, you can also install it manually, following our instructions below.
OxygenOS 3.2.8 Features & Improvements
Before installing the update, check out all the new features it brings:
- 1080 video recording, at 60fps
- Emergency calling for India, which can be triggered by triple pressing the power button
- Snapchat optimization
- Fixed video calling issues
- Fixed scrolling lag issues
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes
Warnings & Requirements
Here are a few aspects you should consider before installing OxygenOS 3.2.8 for OnePlus 3:
- This update is just for the OnePlus 3, so it won’t work on another smartphone.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but it’s recommended to perform a full backup of your phone, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure your battery level is at least 50%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below carefully, since you can risk bricking your phone if you skip a step.
Download OxygenOS 3.2.8 For Oneplus 3
OxygenOS 3.2..7 To OxygenOS 3.2.8 – Download
OxygenOS 3.2.8 Full ROM For Oneplus 3 – Download
Install OxygenOS 3.2.8 on OnePlus 3
Step 1: Go to your phone’s Settings menu > About and tap Build Number seven times, in order to enable the Developer Options menu.
Step 2: In the Developer Options menu, enable USB debugging.
Step 3: Download the ADB and fast-boot driver and install it on your PC.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS 3.2.8 for OnePlus 3 update, using above link, and copy it in the same folder where adv is installed.
Step 5: Turn off your OnePlus 3 and boot into recovery mode, then choose the Install from ADB Sideload option.
Step 6: Connect your phone to a PC.
Step 7: Go to the folder where you have the ROM and press Shift + right click, then click on open command.
Step 8: Type adb devices in order to check your connection. If the device is listed, it means that you can go ahead and flash the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload file name.zip in order to begin flashing OxygenOS 3.2.8 for OnePlus 3.
Step 10: Wait for about 10 minutes, since this is how it usually takes for this process to be completed, then reboot your phone.
And you’re done! This is how you successfully install OxygenOS 3.2.8 on OnePlus 3. If you have any questions related to the whole process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.