Good news for OnePlus 3 owners, as the Chinese manufacturer just began rolling out the OxygenOS 3.2.6 update for the handset. Even though it has just 40MB, being considered a minor update, it definitely brings some important improvements and optimizations.
Currently, OxygenOS 3.2.6 for OnePlus 3 is rolling out over-the-air and some users are already receiving it. However, if you don’t want to wait, the ROM is already available, so you can manually install it on your device.
Below you can find a list with all the new features brought by the OxygenOS 3.2.6 for OnePlus 3…
New Features & Improvements
- Optimized voice call quality of some instant messaging applications
- Improved adaptive brightness performance
- Improved camera quality (Fixed occasional green/yellow issue, optimized white balance, better full HD video recording)
- Fixed Bluetooth connection problems for specific cars
- Ability to change ringtone using third party apps
- Optimized battery consumption when scrolling
- Optimized touch accuracy when playing games
- Added DozeMode switch in the Developer options menu
- Added PocketMode switch in Display settings
Warnings & Requirements
Of course, there are a few aspects you should really consider before installing OxygenOS 3.2.6 on OnePlus 3, in order to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- This update works just for the OnePlus 3, don’t try installing it on other devices.
- The update process won’t erase the data on your phone, but it’s recommended to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure your battery level is above 60% before proceeding to updating. However, it’s advisable to start with a fully charged battery, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone.
Download OxygenOS 3.2.6 For OnePlus 3
OxygenOS 3.2.4 To OxygenOS 3.2.6 – Download
OxygenOS 3.2.6 Full ROM – Download
Install OxygenOS 3.2.6 on OnePlus 3
Non Rooted users –
Step 1: Go to Settings > About Phone and tap Build Number 7 times, in order to enable Developer Options.
Step 2: Go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Download the ADB and the fastboot driver. You can get the Windows variant from here or the Mac variant from here.
Step 4: Download the OxygenOS 3.2.6 for OnePlus 3 zip file and save it on your PC, in the same folder as ADB.
Step 5: Turn off your phone and boot it into Recovery Mode.
Step 6: Choose the Install from ADB Sideload option.
Step 7: Connect your phone to a PC.
Step 8: In the folder where you have saved the update zip file, press shift and right click, in order to open command. Type ‘adb devices’, so you can check the connection. If your OnePlus 3 is listed, you can start flashing the ROM.
Step 9: Type ‘adb sideload file name.zip’ and start flashing OxygenOS 3.2.6 for OnePlus 3. This whole process should take around 10 minutes.
Step 10: After the process is completed, reboot your phone.
And you’re done! You have successfully updated your OnePlus 3 to OxygenOS 3.2.6.
Rooted users –
Step 1: Install a custom TWRP Recovery on your phone. If you already have it installed, skip this step.
Step 2: Download the OxygenOS 3.2.6 zip file, using the link above, and save it on your phone.
Step 3: Reboot your OnePlus 3 into Recovery Mode and perform a Nandroid backup.
Step 4: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and Select Dalvik and Cache. Swipe in order to confirm the wiping.
Step 5: Go back to the Install Menu and select the OxygenOS 3.2.6 for OnePlus 3 ROM. Swipe in order to begin the installation process.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and this time select just Wipe Dalvik and Cache.
Step 7: In order to maintain the rooted status of your phone, flash SuperSU.
And that’s it. Your OnePlus 3 is now updated!
If you’re facing any issues during the installation process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.