After a long wait, OnePlus X is finally receiving the new OxygenOX 3.1.2 update! Initially, the the 3.1.0 Community build for the handset was made available, but since it was a beta build, it contained bugs and wasn’t exactly ideal. However, OxygenOS 3.1.2 for OnePlus X, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, is now available, bringing several updates and improvements.
The update is currently rolling out over the air, but if you cannot wait until you receive the notification to get it, you can also install it manually on your phone. Below you will find a guide on how to do it, working for both rooted and non-rooted OnePlus X models.
OxygenOS 3.1.2 For OnePlus X Change-logs
- Upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- New icon packs
- Google search bar UI customization possibility
- New wallpaper picker
- Shelf UX improvements
- General system performance improvements
- New (native Android) app permissions
- Alert Slider settings with a lot more customization options
- New apps (OnePlus Music Player, OnePlus Gallery)
- Implemented October Android security patches
- General bug fixes
- The updating process might erase your data, so our advice is to perform a full backup of your OnePlus X before starting, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your battery level is above 60%. Our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery, as it’s the best way of avoiding an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the steps below correctly, as there’s the risk of bricking your device.
Download OxygenOS 3.1.2 For OnePlus X- Marshmallow 6.0
Install OxygenOS 3.1.2 On OnePlus X – Marshmallow 6.0
Step 1: Download the OxygenOS 3.2.1 for OnePlus X zip file and save it on your phone.
Step 2: Turn off your phone and, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button, boot into recover mode.
Step 3: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe data and cache, if you prefer a clean install. If you don’t, you can skip this step.
Step 4: While still in Recovery mode, select the Install from local / Install from SD option.
Step 5: Select the OxygenOS 3.2.1 for OnePlus X zip and click on install, in order to start the updating process. It should take around 10 minutes.
Step 6: Wait until the installation is completed and reboot your phone.
That’s it, you have successfully managed to install the OxygenOS 3.1.2 for OnePlus X update on your phone! Like always, if you’re dealing with any issues during the installation process or have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!