Until recently, the OnePlus X was using OxygenOS 2.2, based on Lollipop, and some users weren’t that happy with this. However, the latest version, OxygenOS 3.1.0 for OnePlus X, a community build based on Marshmallow, has been made available, bringing tons of new features and improvements.
The new update, which is OTA eligible, meaning that you will eventually receive it over the air once the final build is ready, brings important bug fixes and new features. Still, it’s not completely stable, so you might experience some issues.
The new features list and change-logs consists in:
- Update to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Launcher upgrades, including new icon packs, a new wallpaper picker and Google search bar customization.
- Shelf UX improvements.
- General system performance improvement.
- Settings changes, including new (native Android) app permissions and Alert Slider settings with more customization options.
- New apps, like the OnePlus Gallery and OnePlus Music Player.
- August 1 security patches for Android
Also, OxygenOS 3.1.0 for OnePlus X fixes the mobile stability issues encountered in some regions. The language localization problem is still being worked at, while some 3rd party apps may experience some compatibility issues.
Sounds good, we know. Before moving on to instructions on how to download the update, there are a few things we need to mention.
Warnings & Requirements
- The new update works only if you have the OnePlus X Oxygen Recovery installed.
- The updating process will erase all your data, so it’s advisable to make a complete backup before starting.
- Make sure that your phone has a battery level above 60% before installing the update. Our recommendation would be to begin with a fully charged battery, in order to avoid an accidental shutdown.
Install OxygenOS 3.1.0 On OnePlus X
Step 1: Download the OxygenOS 3.1.0 zip file and save it on your phone’s internal storage. Here – Download
Step 2: Turn off your OnePlus X and boot into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button
Step 3: If you want a clean installation, wipe all the data and cache.
Step 4: While in Recovery mode, select Install from local.
Step 5: Select the Zip downloaded from the link above and click on Install in order to begin. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 6: After it’s completed, reboot your phone.
You have successfully installed OxygenOS 3.1.0 on your OnePlus X. If you’re facing any issues during the process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.