OnePlus’s latest addition to their portfolio, the OnePlus 3T, is ready to receive a new update, which will allow users to enjoy all the new features brought by Google’s latest operating system, Android 7.1.1 Nougat. We’re talking about the Oxygen OS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T, which is currently rolling out over the air.
As you probably know, this is a phase-wise roll out, so it should take a while until everybody will receive it. On the other side, you also have the option to install it manually, via ADB side-load. The process is relatively simple and you can do it by simply following the instructions in the guide below.
New Features & Improvements
Here is a detailed list with all the new additions brought by the update:
- A new launcher, which includes support for shortcuts
- A new and redesigned app drawer
- A new design of the UI, for launcher settings
- A new status bar icon option, displaying real time network speed
- Notification De-noising
- DND Mode for Games
- Automatic Night Mode
- Secure Box for encrypting files
- The touch latency was optimized
- The Electronic Image Stabilization for videos was optimized.
- The contacts management feature was improved
- The quick pay option is now available in India as well
- General improvements and bug fixes
Please consider the following aspects, in order to avoid any issues during the installation:
- This method is solely for the OnePlus 3T. Don’t try it on other variants or other phones, since it won’t work properly.
- The update will erase the data on your phone, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup of everything you have, before starting.
- Check your battery level. It should be around 50-60% before starting, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown, in-between process.
- Follow the steps presented below carefully, making sure you don’t skip any of them, which could lead to bricking the device.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 4 For OnePlus 3T
Install Oxygen OS Open Beta 4 on OnePlus 3T
Step 1: Open the Settings menu and go to About, then search for the Build Number. Tap on it seven times, which will enable Developer Options.
Step 2: Now that you’re in the Developer Options sub-menu, look for the USB Debugging option and enable it.
Step 3: Download ADB and fastboot driver Here – Download, and save it on your PC, then install it.
Step 4: Download the Oxygen OS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T file from above section, then copy and paste it in the same folder where you have the ADB driver.
Step 5: Turn off the phone, then power it back on into Recovery Mode.
Step 6: After entering Recovery Mode, pick the Install from USB option.
Step 7: Connect the phone to a laptop or desktop.
Step 8: Now, open the ADB folder and press, at the same time, Shift and Right click, to open a command window.
Step 9: It’s time to check your connection, so type adb devices in the same folder. If your phone appears as listed, you can start the updating process.
Step 10: Flash Oxygen OS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T by typing adb sideload File Name.zip. The process should take around 10 minutes.
Step 11: Reboot the phone.
And this is everything you need to do! You have successfully installed OxygenOS Open Beta 4 on your OnePlus 3T. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, through the comments section below.