OnePlus just made a new announcement for all OnePlus 3 users: the latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 is available for downloading, being a stable version, based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and bringing all the new features and improvements.
Since we’re talking about an Oxygen OS Open Beta, users will receive it if they are on the previous Open Beta build. However, this isn’t the only way to get it, so you can also install Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 on OnePlus 3 manually, by flashing it via ADB Sideload. And after this, you will continue receiving the OTA.
New Features & Improvements
Here you can find a complete list with all the new features you will enjoy after installing the update:
- A new launcher, with support for shortcuts on Android 7.1.1
- A new, redesigned app drawer
- A new UI for launcher settings
- A new status bar icon option, displaying real time network speed
- Notification De-noising was added
- Gaming Do Not Disturb mode was added
- An automatic Night Mode was added
- Secure Box for encrypting files was added
- Touch latency was optimized
- The camera’s EIS was optimized, for better videos
- The contacts management systems was optimized, with linking and merge functions
- The quick pay option for India was added
- Bug fixes and general improvements
Please consider the following aspects, so you can avoid any potential issues throughout the installation:
- This method works just for the OnePlus 3, so don’t try it on other models.
- The process won’t erase the data, but it’s advisable to perform a full backup of the phone, for the safer side.
- Check the battery level and make sure it has at least 50-60%, which allows you to prevent an accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Please follow the steps correctly, making sure you don’t skip any of them, as you may brick your phone.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 For OnePlus 3
Install Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 on OnePlus 3
Step 1: First of all, you need to enable USB Debugging. Go to Settings > About > Build Number and tap on it 7 times, which will enable the Developer Options menu. From this menu, enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Now Download the ADB and Fastboot Driver Here – Download and install everything on your desktop or laptop.
Step 3: Download the Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 for OnePlus 3 file from above and copy then move the file where you’ve installed ADB earlier.
Step 4: Turn off your OnePlus 3.
Step 5: Boot the phone into Recovery Mode and select the Install from USB option.
Step 6: Connect the phone to your PC, using a microUSB cable.
Step 7: While in the ADB folder, press Shift and Right click. This will open a command window.
Step 8: Check your connection by typing adb devices. If your phone is listed, you’re all good to go and start installing the ROM.
Step 9: Type adb sideload File Name.zip to start install Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 for OnePlus 3.
Step 10: Wait for about 10 minutes, until the process is completed.
Step 11: Reboot the phone.
And everything is ready. You have successfully managed to install Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 on OnePlus 3. As you can see, the process isn’t that difficult, so you shouldn’t encounter any issues or problems. Still, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.