OnePlus 3T, the latest addition to the Chinese manufacture’s portfolio, is ready to receive its update to Android 7.0 Nougat and allow users enjoy the new features brought by Google’s desserts. Of course, we’re talking about Oxygen OS 4.0.1 update for OnePlus 3T, which is currently rolling out over the air, in a phase-wise manner.
A couple of users have already received it, but if you’re not one of them and can’t wait until the official notification to download it pops up, you can also install it manually, following the steps below. The process is very simple and it can be used by both rooted and non-rooted users.
Oxygen OS 4.0.1 Update For OnePlus 3T Features
Here are some of the important features brought by the new update to your OnePlus 3T:
- A new design for the notifications
- A new design for the Settings Menu
- Multi-Window View
- The ability to reply directly from the notifications
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
- Fix for the Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Increased System Stability
Please consider the following aspects before starting the installation, in order to avoid any issues:
- This method works just for the OnePlus 3T, so don’t try installing it on another device. It won’t work.
- The updating process won’t erase your data, but it’s advisable to perform a full backup and then proceed.
- Check your phone’s battery level! It needs to be around 50-60% in order to avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Once again, please follow all the steps below correctly, since otherwise, you risk bricking your phone.
Download Oxygen OS 4.0.1 For Oneplus 3T (Android 7.0 Nougat)
Download Oxygen OS 4.0.1 OTA File – Download – Link Temporary Removed
Download Oxygen OS 4.0.1 Full ROM – Download
Install Oxygen OS 4.0.1 Update On Oneplus 3T (Android 7.0 Nougat)
For Non-Rooted Users, With Stock Recovery
Step 1: Download the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3T OTA .zip file, and save it on your phone.
Step 2: Go to Settings > System Updates and press the Settings Icon. Choose Local Upgrade and then select the OTA file.
Step 3: Your phone will ask you if you want to upgrade now. Click on that button and wait for the process to complete. It should be ready in 10 minutes.
Step 4: Wait for the process to end and your phone will reboot automatically to the latest OxygenOS version.
For Rooted Users, With TWRP Recovery
Note: if your phone is rooted, you must have a custom Recovery in order to follow these steps. Install one and then proceed.
Step 1: Download the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 ROM for OnePlus 3T, using the link provided above, and save it on your phone.
Step 2: Boot the OnePlus 3T into Recovery mode.
Step 3: while in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup, in case something goes wrong.
Step 4: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data. Swipe in order to confirm the Factory Reset.
Step 5: Go to Install and search for the ROM file and, once found, swipe in order to begin the installation. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe again, but this time select only Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 7: Reboot your device.
And this is it, folks! You have successfully managed to install the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 update on OnePlus 3T. If you’re facing any issues during the process or have questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.