Even though it’s been released a few years ago, you can still install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on OnePlus One, as the latest Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM has just been released. We’re talking about an official RR build, so it’s pretty stable, allowing you to use it daily.
This is nothing but a good news for OnePlus One users, considering that the manufacturer still hasn’t mentioned anything about the handset receiving Google’s latest update. In this case, you can proceed with our guide to download and install 7.1.2 Nougat on OnePlus One via Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM, since it takes just a few minutes and a bit of attention.
Before updating the phone, please consider the following aspects, in order to avoid any issues or even damaging your phone:
- In order to be able to install it, your phone needs to be rooted and have a custom TWRP Recovery installed.
- This ROM is just for the OnePlus One, so don’t try it on another device, since it won’t work properly.
- The process will completely erase the data on your phone, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup before starting and then proceed.
- Check your battery level and ensure that it charged at 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the steps below correctly, not skipping any of them!
Download 7.1.2 Nougat Based Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM
Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 Nougat For OnePlus One – Download
Gapps For OnePlus One – Download
Install RR 5.8.3 Nougat on OnePlus One
Step 1: First of all, you need a custom recovery, as mentioned above. If you already installed, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Download the Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One and save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the Gapps package from Above and save it on your device as well.
Step 4: Press and hold Volume Down and the Power Button, so you can boot your phone into Recovery mode.
Step 5: After entering TWRP Recovery, go on and create a Nandroid backup, just in case, if something goes wrong.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data, then swipe right. This will confirm the factory reset.
Step 7: Go to Install and search for the ROM .zip file, then swipe, so you can start the installation. It should take around 10 minutes. Repeat this step for the Gapps package and the Temporary WiFi fix. The latter is available for downloading here.
Step 8: Go again to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. However, this time you must select only Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 9: Reboot your OnePlus One.
Done! If you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section below!