If you ask us, one the biggest disadvantages of Huawei smartphones is the operating system – the user interface, to be more specific. One of the manufacturer’s most popular models, the Huawei Mate 8, comes with EMUI 4.1 out of the box, the UI which doesn’t feature an app drawer, which can be very annoying sometimes. Fortunately, you can always install stock Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware on Huawei Mate 8(NXT-L29)!
The update brings a lot of changes for your phone, like a new Gallery, updated contacts, new apps and an improved settings menu. Sounds awesome, right? We’ve put together a short guide on how to download and install official stock Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware (B193) on Huawei Mate 8, so you can get the max out of your phone!
Here you can find all the details about the stock Marshmallow firmware:
- Device – Huawei Mate 8
- Model – NXT-L29
- Android Version – 6.0
- EMUI Version – 4.0
- Firmware – B193
- Build Number – NXT-L29C636B193
- Region – Asia-Pacific
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.36 GB
Before installing the update, there are a few aspects you should definitely take into consideration:
- This firmware is available only for the Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L29. Don’t use it on other devices.
- In order to be able to install it, your Huawei Mate 8 must be on stock firmware and have a stock recovery installed.
- Please follow all the instructions below correctly, otherwise, you risk bricking your phone.
- The updating process could erase all the data on your phone, so it’s recommended to perform a full back up of your phone.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 60% battery before starting. However, our recommendation would be to start with a fully charged battery, in order to prevent an accidental shutdown.
Download Stock Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware B193 For Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29)
Install Stock Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware B193 For Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29)
Step 1: Download the stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Huawei Mate 8 and save it on your device.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your SD card and save the update.app file in this folder.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Update and press your phone’s menu button.
Step 4: Select Local update.
Step 5: The update.app file will be shown. Tap on it, in order to start the installation process, then wait until it’s completed. It should take around 10 minutes.
Step 6: Reboot your Huawei Mate 8.
That’s it, you’re done! You have successfully installed stock Marshmallow firmware on your Huawei Mate 8!
Step 1: Download the stock Marshmallow 6.0 ROM for the Huawei Mate 8.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on the root of your SD card and copy the update.app file there.
Step 3: Turn off the phone.
Step 4: Press Volume Up + Volume Down + the power button. This will automatically start the update process.
Step 5: Wait until the update is completed. The whole process should take around 10 minutes.
And this is it, another method to install stock Marshmallow ROM on Huawei Mate 8.
Like always, the comments section is open for you. If you encounter any issues during the updating process, feel free to drop us a few lines, using the comments section below.