We know all of you are waiting for the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Moto G Turbo but there isn’t any news of the official release of the said Android version for your Moto. But one XDA member ported stock Android 7.1.1 for Moto G Turbo recently.
The Ported stock ROM is named Merlin and still in the active development. Though this is an initial build there might be little bugs here and there but apart from that, the ROM works flawlessly. The Wifi on this ROM is surely buggy, therefore, the developer has already provided a wifi fix to get it working. I know installing a custom ROM is not everyone’s piece of cake but it is really so much simple and easy. Below is the guide that will help you install the Nougat ROM on Moto G Turbo.
Download Moto G Turbo Nougat Stock ROM
Wifi Fix – Download
- This ROM is specially made for Moto G Turbo. Don’t try to attempt this on some other phone.
- Take after the means accurately else you may brick your phone.
- It will remove all of your information, so we encourage you initially to take an entire backup of your device and after that continue.
- Guarantee that your device has no less than 50-60% charged to keep the incidental shut down in the middle of the procedure.
Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G Turbo
1) Firstly, Install a custom recovery like Phils or TWRP. If you already have one installed, you can skip this one.
2) Download the Nougat Stock ROM For Moto G Turbo from above, and save it in your phone to proceed further.
3) Now you need to Boot your Moto into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) You will be in recovery mode after reboot. After that make a Nandroid backup of your device to be on a secure side.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe store, Dalvik Cache, System, and information and swipe to affirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and select the ROM compress zip and swipe to Install the ROM. After the procedure finishes, Flash the Wifi fix also.
7) Now wipe Dalvik and cache and again Reboot your device.
8) All is Done! Enjoy!