As promised on 26th of July, the Chinese manufacturer has started rolling out the latest MIUI 9 for many devices including Xiaomi Redmi 4/4x and Mi 6. Currently, the said MIUI 9 update is in beta phase, therefore, users might encounter minor bugs in their day to day use. Therefore if you are one of those early birds, wait no more and download MIUI 9 For Mi 6.
As always the update is being rolled out via OTA and hopefully, the Global stable version will be available soon to all of the Xiaomi Mi 6 users. In this new update, Xiaomi has fixed many previously known bugs and included features like a Smart Assistant, Image search, Smart App Launcher, and some performance upgrades.
The MIUI 9 Beta update is currently rolled out only for the Chinese users, therefore, if you live outside of China then you will not get any update notification. For such cases, here we bring the Latest MIUI 9 beta update along with the installation guide. All you need to have this latest update is scroll down a bit and follow the guide to install MIUI 9 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 6.
Download MIUI 9 For Xiaomi Mi 6
Mi Flash Tool – Download
- MIUI 9 China Beta ROM for Mi 6 (Fastboot) – Download
- MIUI 9 China Alpha ROM for Mi 6 (Fastboot) – Download
- First of all, take a full backup of your important data in a secure location.
- Charge your Xiaomi Mi 6 to at least 50 percent to carry out the installation procedure.
- Follow every step correctly and do not skip any of them.
- This ROM is only meant to be flashed on Xiaomi Mi 6 device, therefore, do not attempt to install this update on other models.
Install MIUI 9 China ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6
1) First, Download Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC.
2) Now, download MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM for your Mi 6 from the above link.
3) Now, boot your Mi 6 into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power’ buttons simultaneously.
4) Connect your Xiaomi Mi 6 with a USB cable to your computer.
5) After that copy the location of the downloaded zip from your computer.
6) Now, dispatch MI Flash Tool and paste the location of the update zip as shown in the image below.
7) Now to start flashing, tap on the “refresh” button and a short time later tap on the “Flash” button to install latest MIUI 9 ROM on your phone.
8) Wait for some time to complete the process.
9) Done. Your Xiaomi Mi 6 will boot with the most recent MIUI 9 OS.
Despite the fact that, the Procedure is genuinely straightforward and simple to take after if you confront any obstacle you without a doubt can request help in the comment section. And do not forget to like and share our work with your friends.