Xiaomi has stunned the market with affordable and powerful Android devices lately. Xiaomi Redmi 4/4x is also one of the most successful devices in the market now. And as promised the Chinese tech company has started delivering the latest version of MIUI 9 for the users. Currently the MIUI 9 is in the Beta phase and hopefully, a global stable version will arrive soon. But till that happens you folks can surely update your Xiaomi Redmi 4/4x to the latest MIUI 9 version by following the below-given guide.
The said MIUI 9 is for now launched only for the Chinese region, therefore, it does not include Google Apps and therefore you need to flash the Gapps manually to use Google Play and other apps from Google. Apart from that, the MIUI 9 update includes many bug fixes and new features like Smart Assistant, Smart App Launcher, Image search, and some performance improvements.
MIUI 9 update is being rolled out via OTA as usual and as it is only for Chinese region, users outside China will not get an update notification. But you can download and install the MIUI 9 on Redmi 4/4x from here.
Download MIUI 9 For Redmi Note 4/4x
- Mi Flash Tool – Download
- MIUI 9 China Beta ROM for Redmi Note 4/4x (Recovery) – Download
- MIUI 9 China Beta ROM for Redmi Note 4/4x (Fastboot) – Download
- MIUI 9 China Alpha ROM for Redmi Note 4/4x (Fastboot) – Download
- Ensure that your Redmi 4/4x is on the latest MIUI 8 stock version.
- Double check your battery level to be at least 40-50%.
- Backup your data before beginning the installation procedure.
- Follow every step correctly to successfully install MIUI 9 on your Redmi 4/4x.
- This ROM is only designed and created for Xiaomi Redmi 4/4x, therefore do not apply this update on other models else your device might stop working.
Install MIUI 9 ROM on Redmi Note 4/4x
1) First, ensure your Redmi is running on the latest MIUI 8 Version.
2) Download MIUI 9 ROM from above and save in your phone.
3) Now fire up the “Updater” application on your device.
4) Now tap on the three-dot menu (‘… ” symbol) at the upper right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘ option.
5) Select the downloaded ROM from your device and click update.
6) Done. Your Redmi will reboot with the most recent MIUI 9 version.
1) First, Download Mi Flash Tool from above and install it on your computer.
2) Now, download MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM for your Redmi device from above.
3) Now boot your Redmi 4/4x into Fastboot mode by squeezing ‘Volume Down + Power’ buttons together.
4) Connect your device to PC with a USB cable.
5) After that copy the location of the downloaded zip in your computer.
6) Now launch MI Flash Tool and paste the location of the update.zip you copied in the previous step.
7) Now to begin flashing, tap on the “refresh” button and afterward tap on the “Flash” button to flash MIUI 9 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4/4x Device.
8) Wait for quite a while to finish the procedure.
9) Done. Your Redmi 4/4x will boot on the latest MIUI 9 version.
Even though, the procedure is fairly simple and easy to follow, if you face any hurdle you surely can ask for help in the comment section. And if you like our work share it with your friends and press the like button.