As we all know that Xiaomi Note 3 was scheduled to get all the MIUI 9 updates and well, the company has recently rolled out the latest version of MIUI 9 (Global Beta ROM MIUI 9 7.9.7), based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Now, one thing to notice here, this “beta” ROM may have some bugs but these issues get solved via further updates. So, if you are interested to update your Redmi Note 3, you can do it manually by following the below-mentioned steps.
Highlights of this MIUI 9 Global Beta Update (7.9.7)
- Android Security patch level, which was shown with a wrong date, is now fixed.
- Files which are being downloaded can now wait in a queue until the network resumes.
- Bugs in messages with the one-time password are now fixed.
- Animated icons for selected apps have been added additionally in the update.
- New animation for the launching and closing apps, which is much faster than old one.
- Virus scan result page is now optimized and simplified for a better and details view.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM (7.9.7) for Redmi Note 3:
Download MIUI 9 (7.9.7) for Redmi Note 3 Special Edition:
- MIUI 9 for Redmi Note 3 SE (Recovery ROM) – Download
- MIUI 9 for Redmi Note 3 SE (Fastboot ROM) – Download
- Check your device is running on official MIUI 8 or not. If not, you can’t proceed with this method.
- If yes, then download the MIUI 9 (7.9.7) for Redmi Note 3, and transfer the file to your device’s storage.
- Once done, open the “Updater” app on your device and select the “three dots” over the top right corner.
- You will get few options, select “Choose Update Package” and then navigate to the MIUI 9 update file, which you have kept in device’s storage and select it.
- You will be now asked to reboot to recovery. Proceed with this option, which will fire the installation within seconds.
- After finishing the installation, the device will reboot automatically.
- You have now your Redmi Note 3/3SE with latest MIUI 9.
- The first step is, to download Mi Flash Tool – Download and install on your PC.
- Now, download MIUI 9 (7.9.7) Global Beta ROM for Redmi Note 3, on your PC.
- Once done, boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing “Volume Down and Power Button” simultaneously.
- Now, connect your device to the PC.
- Once everything is finished. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the ROM and extract it. Copy its path on the PC.
- Now, open the Mi Flash Tool and paste the path address, which you have copied just now.
- After that, click on “Refresh Button”, which will detect your device automatically and then click on the “Flash Button”, which will flash the ROM to your Xiaomi device.
- Wait, until everything finishes.
- Reboot and your device now runs on the latest MIUI 9.