Today we have some great news for all you Xiaomi users around here! The Chinese manufacturer has finally announced MIUI 8 Stable ROM, during an event in India, after rumors about this kept coming for the past two months. Basically, all supported devices will be able to run it and enjoy the new features.
The update has already started rolling out over-the-air and some users are receiving notifications to download. Handsets like the Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 41, Redmi Note 3G or Redmi Note 4G will most likely receive the update today, while those who own other supported handsets will get it tomorrow.
MIUI 8 Stable ROM Supported Devices
- Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S/Prime
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime
- Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB
MIUI 8 Stable ROM New Features
Considering that the MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM was already made available, we do know what to expect from the Stable version. Features like scrolling screenshots, Quick Ball, Dual Space or MIUI Called ID are just a few of them. Below you can find a list with all the new features and changelogs.
- System Optimization – Sunlight display improvements
- New messaging sound for delivered messages in the Settings
- Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar – New Animation for successful Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized floating notification format for incoming calls
- Optimized separate sound and vibration permissions for notifications
- Fixed errors on Wi-Fi details page
- Fixed accessibility for Home screen
- Home screen optimization – Landscape mode for Task manager
- Home screen optimization – Task Manager stability
- Home screen optimization – UI details in Task Manager
- Camera optimization – Camera’s image quality
- Gallery automatic adjustments for photos when sharing
- Delete photos from device only when browsing offline albums
- Settings new feature – Saved and available Wi-Fi networks appear first in the list
- File Explorer Fix – Couldn’t see files saved from dual apps
- Clock / Calculator Optimization – Improved order for frequently used settings
- Clock / Calculator Fix – Quick ball disappeared in some cases
How to Download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM
You can find the download links, provided by Miui.com, below. There are two versions for each of them, depending on how you want to install them: flashing via recovery or Fastboot.
MIUI 8 Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S
MIUI 8 Stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1S
MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi4i
MIUI 8 Global ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G
How to install MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM
You can find a complete guide on how to install the ROM, through both Recovery and Fastboot Here – How To Install MIUI 8 Global ROM On Xiaomi Smartphones
Like always, let us know if you’ve faced any issues during the installation process, by dropping us a few lines in the comments section below.